Driving Reminder for protecting animals!

Vantrue Dash Cam

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
❄️COLD WEATHER REMINDER!!! Try to take a moment to check your cars before driving. As the weather gets colder, some animals hide under the hoods of cars for protection and warmth. (Pic source: FAAS)
1666692133691.png

I know this is a problem some places, but i have never heard of something like that happening in Denmark.

Something like wild dogs, pretty much do not exist here, never have really, i am 56 years old and have never seen a street dog in Denmark.

Cats however are here and can some times in some areas become a problem with a too large population, but never seen or heard of one seeking warmth in a car
It is less of a problem these days, i think last winter we had 1 day where temperatures dropped to -10 deg C, and then we had a few days of just under 0 deg C,,,,,, the winters of my youth are long long gone.

Last 10 years where i live the total amount of snowfall i assume are like 50 - 75 CM, last winter we got maybe 5 - 10 CM and it was gone in a day.
The winter 2006 or was it 07 did see some snowfall, but not more than i was able to drive my Yamaha raptor quad bike in and around the small village i lived in back then, that machine only have rear wheel drive,,,,, but YES some times i had to go fast to get thru some accumulated snow

Last edited:
Head first into a paywall here.

I have also found some things in my engine "bay" that did not belong there, i am some times contemplating putting out some feed in the back yard, cuz it would be no problem busting some rat skulls with my air rifle, though then i would also need a night sight, though i can again whip something up like before, the CCTV camera on the car give plenty of light to see something.

Head first into a paywall here.

I have also found some things in my engine "bay" that did not belong there, i am some times contemplating putting out some feed in the back yard, cuz it would be no problem busting some rat skulls with my air rifle, though then i would also need a night sight, though i can again whip something up like before, the CCTV camera on the car give plenty of light to see something.

Thanks for the heads up about the paywall. I use a little scriptblocker hack that makes it go away but I forget that I have it sometimes. All fixed now with a couple of different links about the same topic.

Rats here are on the up too, have been for a long time, as you would expect as it too is the governments job to fight these, and as a result of absolutely no economic sense, this area have also seen cut backs.
Though we have a election in a week, and so " they" are throwing around massive amounts of other peoples money, well rats are not mentioned.
Social workers - prison guards - nurses ASO, well they can look forward to substantial raises in their not bad pay, to compensate for utter atrociously working conditions, all these areas are severely challenged here due to doings of the politicians of course.

Also a lot of talking about getting " the right" kind of people to move to Denmark from other countries, the problem is those educated people, well lets just say the Danish society structure are a bit of a challenge, doctors ASO they are actually lured here with a additional tax rebate to be able to tolerate the Danish way.
Like other nations, we are clearly our own biggest enemies. :(

The rat problem is apparently getting some attention in NYC by changing the times people can put trash on the street for sanitation pick-up. The idea makes sense and doesn't really cost much money to implement but it probably will only have a minor effect despite what the politicians say.

It seems that outdoor dining during the pandemic and the new laws that introduced organic waste disposal for recycling and composting have made the problem so much worse than it was before that people are demanding that something finally be done about it. Then again, the problem with rats in New York City goes back some 355 years. Some things change and some things stay the same. :meh:

Rats are much more superior than us in terms of survival. Rats could live in sewage system. How many days a human could live there? Rat as a species has lived on this planet for millions of years, starting from the very latest ice age. My guess is that rats will still be running around after all of us are gone.

During ww2 Russians lives just fine in Sewers in Stalingrad, but of course during those years the sewer there probably never seen as little " traffic " of the usual kind.
But yeah the rats are damn tough SOBs, my friend seem to have a larger than usual problem with them this year

People also live fine in storm drains under Las Vegas as i understand it, but with a sudden big rainfall that would of course change.

Some humans are though too, dont happen much here as my country for decades have celebrated weakness, so being weak in just about any way are almost a trend here.

You can get out on your ass on the streets here too, and now you dont have to work hard to end up there, but a decade or 2 ago, if you lived on the street it was CUZ you really wanted to, or was so miserable in some way that you can not handle living in a apartment.
The laws did not change much, but the public safety net under all Danes, well the masks in that net are much larger now making it more easy to fall thru.

BTW back in the old days in Paris ( France ) there use to be tours in their sewers, but at the time they was also something else while the rest of us Europeans was living in our own filth so to say.

iu

But this was going on as late as the roaring 20ties.
SewerBoat_1500.jpg

Last edited:
The sewage system has two parts, rainwater system and wastewater system. The rainwater system discharges rainwater directly into rivers and/or lakes. The wastewater system sends wastewater to water treatment plant. It would be fine to tour and/or to live in the rainwater system (for some time?), as long as the system is not flooded. For the wastewater system, people will need to minimally wear respirator or to bring oxygen tank with them, that is in addition to pathogens (bacteria, viruses, etc.) and toxins.

O yes it get very funky. ( but in the old days, funky was no problem for people, many gladly slept a whole night with a turd in a pot beside the bed )
On this i am glad we have moved on.

I was once put in a pair of cheap waders and a full smoke diver kit, and then sent down into a not quite empty ship sewage tank to swap out a valve there, it was really a engineer job, but those lazy bastards tend to let me do their work and then they just sign off on it with a " i did this " and then give me 20 hours of overtime as its not on their dime really.

Tanks ( and this was product tankers about 1/8 mile long ) well you have to be careful, easy to get killed, also sailed on smaller tankers with chemicals, often with a evaporation point a few degrees over freezing, and with properties that will give you cancer just pronouncing the name of the damn stuff, and this was still a few Olympic sized pools full of the damn stuff.

The big tankers, well if uncluttered cargo tank, when degassed and cleaned you can take a swift 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 soccer game in them as the "floor " are at least the size of a tennis court.

Back