Dual cam needed. must look good at night inside and outside .

gentlejax

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually bought a Nextbase 422GW because it was cheap and sealed off ebay. then I realized it had bad night time inside camera. I know I was going to have to buy camera for that also but I wasnt thinking it thru. like I said it was cheap (about $80 cheaper than everywhere ) and sealed (new).

But before that I had bought a Rove R2-4k because Amazon had it for $74. I tried to cancel it but was too late.

so now I have both these cameras on their way. both new and neither is for sure. I see almost nothing on here about the Rove and I have decided I need interior camera that can be seen .

so I am looking at the A129 duo IR . that is if the ROVE is that bad. I dont really know if it is. I just dont see much on it here. not keeping the 422 because I dont want to spend another $100 on camera that still cant see in the dark

Viofo A129 Duo IR is for recording indoor with secondary IR camera and outside with front camera. If you want to record with both cameras outside you can think to Viofo or Street Guardian.

enjoy,
Mtz

Viofo A129 Duo IR is for recording indoor with secondary IR camera and outside with front camera. If you want to record with both cameras outside you can think to Viofo or Street Guardian.

enjoy,
Mtz

I dont want both cameras to record outside. I want 1 to record outisde front and 1 to record inside cabin. with the Nextbase 422gw I have to add a camera to record inside and even then it wont see very well because its not IR or nigh vision. outside on the 422 is fine.

The Rove I cant find any real opinion on so it must suck...but I really dont know that. lol.....

Im trying to make sure the Viofo A129 duo IR is the best choice for my needs . there are so many brands but heck if I know they are any good. I was also looking at the Vantrue N2 PRO

if the 422gw is really a good dash camera I could always add a 2nd for just the interio. I only need it sometimes. I just dont want to buy junk camera. if the ROVE R2-4k i junk I will return it. if the 422gw is not good I will sell it and not open it.

Last edited:
well I ordered the Viofo A129 duo IR camera so i guess this is null and void.

Some of the so called "uber" cameras with a cabin camera have bad performance on the cabin camera, most often due to the IR LED's used not spreading the light good enough.
Also some don't have a active IR filter, so you get the magenta hue on footage as result of there being no IR filter on the lens, these same primitive cameras also often don't go into B&W mode like real CCTV cameras do at night to make best use of the "limited" IR light.
I think you will be very pleased with the 129 duo IR, it is the kind i would go for with the IR camera on a wire, so you can place it anywhere on the windscreen or maybe like i would do on the stalk that hold my mirror.
The 2 in one cameras are often hard to place on the windscreen as you cant place it in front of mirror as that would then block the rear facing camera, so you have to compromise on stealth and place the camera offset to either side or below the mirror, which might be okay for some, but that will not work for this guy.

In this pic you can see me using another camera ( B1W ) in my sweet spot on the mirror stalk. up there high and in the middle cabin coverage are as good as it get.
img_20180414_143857-jpg.37475

Even have a little video from that camera, but mind you i drive a little JAP 5 door hatchback, but as long as you don't drive one of those old boat sized American cars you too will be fine with a camera in that location.
As you can see in my video due to the design of the B1W camera the lens are a little offset.

I actually bought a Nextbase 422GW because it was cheap and sealed off ebay. then I realized it had bad night time inside camera.
You can have a look at our #b2w dual-lens dash camera. Its cabin camera comes with 4 IR lights for night vision!

I think you'll like the A129 IR, but if you don't then the B2W is nice for a single-unit cam. The N2 Pro is OK but it's battery doesn't fare too well in warmer climates and the vids are somewhat less in quality. Not much info on the Rove as it seems to not be a popular cam (which says something in itself). I've seen some vids from it posted by an experienced cam user and it looked decent- that person wasn't greatly impressed with the cam and they would know.

With the emergence of dual-remote cams the UBER/Taxi cam market may be changing. There are those wanting a single-unit easily removable cam while others seek a sleeker more permanent installation. I have both kinds and am finding that for me I prefer the single-unit B2W for my purposes since the lenses are both easily rotatable so that if I want pics from the side I can do that instantly, then reset to front/back afterwards. No other cam does this as well or as easily.

It's sure a lot different world of choices compared to 5 years ago when I got into the dashcam game, and a much better one too (y)
Phil

Yes B2W are not a bad option if you want both cameras in one unit, i tested a few days ago and the cabin camera can illuminate my entire living room, or at least all of it the FOV of the lens allow to see.

Back