Dual cam with parking mode and good video quality?

128ph

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for a dual camera with good video quality primarily; I want to be able to identify a license plate if necessary.

Heat resistance is also important (and definitely a capacitor over a battery), as is a good parking mode.

GPS is a weird question - I would be ok with it if the GPS data is kept in a separate file or something, but nothing where my speed or location are ever directly encoded onto the video file.

Wifi doesn't really bother me either way - nice if it's included, but I'd rather have a better cam without than a worse one with. I'd rather avoid one with a screen unless it's very discreet. Other than that, dual card would be a similar nice-to-have, but the quality and parking mode are key.

I was thinking about the F770, but I really don't like that it stamps the video with your speed. Can that be disabled? Is the GPS location data stored as a separate file, or embedded in the video?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum 128ph.

As a American you must realize that your plates are some of the most hard ones to catch on video, this is due to the small writing and also often other kinds of grafix on the plate itself, so really no matter what camera you finally go with you should know that, and it will only be possible on the very bests of days with good lighting.
Only lowering the speed will make plate capture better in less than optimal circumstances.
I think most cameras you can disable the speed stamp in the footage, but i am not 100% sure if that also take care of the GPS information getting stitched into the video file.
To make 100% sure you can just do without plugging in GPS antenna, but then you will have to set date/time manually.

Most cameras today have the GPS data as metadata in the video file, the ones storing it in a separate file i think are close to non existent.
A program like registrator viewer can strip that meta data out and otherwise leave file as is, but sadly RV dont get support any more as the guy that made it was killed in a MC accident a few years ago, and dashcameras are moving on in technology.
Your car speed can always be ascertained from the video itself calculating distance ( between 2 things in footage you can go measure ) and then time to cover that distance.
So if you are speeding and filming, then the only way to hide that fact are to make sure no one see the footage.

The Thinkware cameras are on top when it come to parking guard, but then its video IQ are suffering.

Dual channel cameras with as good footage as last years good single channel cameras are here now, but the parking guard in them are still a work in process as i understand it.

Back