Dual camera 1080P with PIP customizable?

robyr1

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm looking for a good dashcam with dual camera 1080p picture in picture in real time, with customizable position and EV for each camera independently, any suggestions?

In general you can choose one or the other camera alone, or the front camera as big picture with the rear camera as inserted as a little pic.
I am not aware of any system that let you customize these settings in menus, and i think only way would be to hack into the firmware, which are not child play.

On my SG9663DC the live view on the LCD as far as i remember are : Front / Rear / PIP ( front large pic, rear small pic in upper left corner )

EV are generally adjustable for the individual cameras in dual systems,,,,, at least the ones worth considering.

But which picture to be the big or small one, and location of the small one i don't think are done in any dashcam.

If by picture in picture you mean the front and rear side by side as 1 video as it would be 3840 X 1080 video, that are not done on any camera i know of, in general you have 2 separate filed front and rear and you will have to do something in post production to see the both in their entirety at the same time or parts of the 2 videos.
Some old camera did mix the 2 videos together in one file, but then you needed a special player to play them, which are just silly.

Last edited:
Back