disposable

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for advice on choosing a Street Guardian complete package that:
  1. Can be hardwired discretely and cleanly in a 2018 BMW X1
  2. Has front and rear facing cameras
  3. Can tolerate high heat in direct sunlight during hot Florida summer

The SG9663DR is extra nice for high heat because the main DVR is hidden in the glovebox out of the direct sun.

The new SG9667DC2K would still be fine, I live in Fort Lauderdale myself. (Latest product)

If you need parking mode, BMW’s Audi’s and Mercedes all have very wonky CANbus circuits that make 3-wire hardwire parking mode kits unreliable. (Won’t record right)
The only work around is to buy a 3rd party battery to go inbetween such as the CELLINK NEO with unspliced 3-wire cable. If you don’t need parking mode 2-wire power to switched accessory will work fine though.

Last edited:
The SG9663DR is extra nice for high heat because the main DVR is hidden in the glovebox out of the direct sun.

The new SG9667DC2K would still be fine, I live in Fort Lauderdale myself. (Latest product)

If you need parking mode, BMW’s Audi’s and Mercedes all have very wonky CANbus circuits that make 3-wire hardwire parking mode kits unreliable. (Won’t record right)
The only work around is to buy a 3rd party battery to go inbetween such as the CELLINK NEO with unsliced 3-wire cable. If you don’t need parking mode 2-wire power to switched accessory will work fine though.
Thanks for replying so quickly. Parking mode is essential. Do you recommend any local installers to wire this up? Willing to travel to Fort Lauderdale from WPB.

I’m new to Florida so don’t have any solid recommendations. There is a local car audio shop I used to help with mine in Oakland Park here once but not sure it’s worth a long drive. (Nothing special) Any local car audio shop installs Dashcams these days just check the reviews online first. Give them our support phone number as well if they have any questions. If parking mode is essential you’ll need to invest in a Cellink Neo with unspliced 3-wire cable option. Connect our 3-wire hardwire kit to that.

BestBuy do installs now

Back