Dual camera unit

Jimcub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a DashCam of which there are aplenty, but I’m different as I want to see my trailer which I can’t see with my rear Kew mirror.

so I want a normal 2 cam DashCam but be able to toggle the display to only showing the rear view, but will still record both camera, more of a peace of mind so I know the trailer is still connected and the cover is still there.
i have a large estate car with a high tailgate window as the body slopes down to the back it’s a small window as well, I have a cam that will do that at the moment but it’s a cheap and low res unit looking to upgrade to a middle of the range price.

I use a Viofo a129 Duo. I find it suitable for the price.
It has front and rear cameras running in high definition 1080HD.
You can have rear view camera only while recording both.
The screen is 2" ~50mm which may be too small for your purpose.
The cam does have a video out (AV)that's in standard UK resolution so you could have the image sent to a larger screen.
Another option is to use the WIFI to view in real time to a tablet. However I have found the wifi glitches a bit. Still usable though.
This might be suitable for your needs.

A129 DUO DUAL CHANNEL 5GHZ WI-FI FULL HD FRONT AND REAR DASH CAMERA.

Viofo link

They have another model with a 4K front camera but the rear is 1080HD

Last edited:
It will be silly and dangerous looking at the small screen of a dashcam to see what go on back there, you will need a regular reversing camera with a 5" or larger LCD screen, something you can get online for 50 GBP.

Back