Dual Dash Cam for a Van

rock_81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a recommendation for a dual Dash Cam which the rear connection is long enough for a Van. I had a car back up into me while I was honking and didn't respond. I had to drive forward to avoid getting it. I'm trying to avoid the he said, she said and let any footage speak for itself. Any suggestions are welcomed.

203" (Honda Odyssey 2018)

Ok, thought you were talking about a commercial vehicle, pretty much any dual channel camera in the market is going to have a long enough cable for your car

Okay, last year I bought a cheap eBay China dual camera for my Scion xB and the cable struggled to reach the rear. This is why I asked.

I don't recommend Vantrue N2. That camera is more for ride sharing to see the inside of the vehicle, not recording the rear of your vehicle to capture footage and license plates. Depending on how much you want to spend, the mini 0806, Blackvue DR590 2ch, DR650 2ch, DR750 2ch, Blacksys CH100 or 200, thinkware F800 pro. All of these systems range in price. Of course there are other cheaper brands as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't recommend Vantrue N2. That camera is more for ride sharing to see the inside of the vehicle, not recording the rear of your vehicle to capture footage and license plates. Depending on how much you want to spend, the mini 0806, Blackvue DR590 2ch, DR650 2ch, DR750 2ch, Blacksys CH100 or 200, thinkware F800 pro. All of these systems range in price. Of course there are other cheaper brands as well.

i doubt if there is any dual dashcam that doesnt record rear of your vehicle as that was why it was made in the first place. You can say the quality is bad but for me its not. I use this camera and a few friends as well. I believe its one of the best selling camera on amazon at the moment. We all have our opinions thou as for me its perfect.
Exactly. You have your opinion and I have mine. This is why it was posted on a forum. Vantrue being used in a minivan "in my opinion" will not be sufficient enough for what he needs. He doesn't need the inside of the vehicle to be recorded. He needs the rear covered to show a clear video of what's going on. Not people picking their noses.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Yes I do need a dual camera system. I will look at the options provided to see which is the best one.
Does the type of SD card make a difference?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Yes I do need a dual camera system. I will look at the options provided to see which is the best one.
Does the type of SD card make a difference?
Yes. I'd suggest the Samsung Evo series cards. They work well.

Back