Dual Dashcam - DOD RC500S/LS500W vs BlackVue DR750S

ekdashcam

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have narrowed my search for a 2-channel dashcam down to DOD RC500S/LS500W and BlackVue DR750S. I’m leaning toward DOD RC500S/LS500W due to image quality from this YouTube video -
- however, I have read some concerning issues people have experienced with the model.

I’d like to hear some real-world user feedback...

1. Why did you choose BlackVue DR750S?
2. Do you regret buying your model and why? Which one would you like to have chosen instead?
3. If you switched to your model from another model, why did you switch and how’s your experience with your model vs previously?

Hope your experience/feedback will help me decide!

Thank you!

Hi !

I've always had cheap Chinese dashcams for many years, and I was really satisfied with them.

My wife has a new car since January.
I've gone for the DR750-2H because I was searching for a dashcam with good parking mode and cloud capabilities were also interesting to me.
For this, I'm satisfied.

Regarding picture quality and license plate reading, it's not better than a mini 0806 or a Toguard CE20, CE65, or CE30.

When I pay 450USD, I expect better picture quality than a 100 USD Chinese dashcam.

I was thinking about equipping my second car with a good parking mode dashcam, I think I will wait the buffered parking mode on chinese dashcams that should come this year.

I'm not sure if this will help you to take a decision, but this was my story with the 750S.

Last edited:
Please note that the 3 dashcams compared with the DOD on video have a wider angle of view.
That's why the DOD performs better with license plate reading.

With a wider angle, plates are smaller and because of the wide view, reading a plate of a car passing at your right or left implies motion blur. When the car is close and lateral, you have motion blur, and when the car has passed you by, the plate is too small to be read.

Please note that the 3 dashcams compared with the DOD on video have a wider angle of view.
Not true. Per specs:

[Model: Viewing angle in degrees]
RC500S: 145
DR750S: 139
F800 Pro: 140
A119S: 135

Edited to add: The wide viewing angle of the DOD is one reason I'm down on it.

Also since that comparison video was made, all models have had at least one firmware update. The BlackVue's update specifically addressed the oversharpening. I'm curious how these would compare using today's software.

Thanks for your inputs! Is 6 degrees of viewing angle that significant of a difference? I would certainly hope that they (or someone else) makes a video with that latest firmwares so we can see what difference the firmwares make.

If specs are real, 6-12 degrees are not important at all. I prefer smaller angles, not wide angles.
Look here how is looking a 25 degrees difference from two dashcams with real lens specifications.
Press pause and compare on the day videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for your inputs! Is 6 degrees of viewing angle that significant of a difference?

unfortunately the viewing angle differences are something you can't really judge from the numbers, they quote a diagonal figure which is often the max the lens offers but not necessarily the achieved figure, depending what sensor is being used this will deliver a different end result, that aside it's the horizontal viewing angle that is going to make a difference, as in the video about the lenses are different by 25° diagonal but the actual horizontal difference is only around 10°

Reactions: Mtz
Back