Dual Lens Rearview Mirror Camera by ihreesy

Heather Wong

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Over the last couple of years I have been in some auto accidents and my husband had tried to install some type of camera on the front windshield of my car but I would either forget to turn it on or I would take it down because it blocked my driving view with either the cables running down or just the camera itself. So I had started doing some research on different types of cameras that could be installed somewhere either inside my vehicle or on the outside that would help aid me in case of another accident.

That’s when I came across the option of installing a review mirror dual lens camera. Not only after some research did I realize that this would possibly work for me but it was exactly what I was looking for. So after some more research on exactly which one would be the best for me I decided on one from ihreesy called the Dual Lens Car Rear-view Mirror.

When I first received the mirror I have to say that I was truly impressed with the look of the mirror but I was confused on how to install it at first because the instructions were really not easy to understand but after about a good 5-10 minutes me and my husband finally figured out how to install the mirror which by the way was super simple. The mirror attaches to your existing car review mirror without having to remove your existing rear-view mirror. It clips on then there are rubber bands that connect to the clips to keep the unit from falling off. The mirror is wider than a standard rearview mirror because the camera screen is built into the mirror. It comes with a USB cable, a charging cable for your car, and a backup camera.

Now that I have installed the dual lens rear-view mirror I have no need to worry about turning on and off the unit because it runs from the time I turn on my car to the minute I turn my engine off. The camera captures everything in front of the vehicle and it is easy to see with the 4.3 inch display that shows up on the rear-view mirror itself. Now the unit also does have a G-sensor built into it just in case there is any type of sudden breaking then the camera will automatically store away that segment of time and it can’t be erased unless I go into the menu to erase it myself.

The camera also records in either 720p or 1080p and it works great at night too. One thing that is a definite must have for this unit is a micro SD card so that there is a way to capture the recordings. Once the camera is installed along with the SD card the menu is easy to go through and set everything up. Now even though this unit did come with a backup camera it was not something that I needed because my car already has one installed on it but I will say this that having a back up camera on my vehicle is not only good for safety reason but it also helps with parking too.

The instructions made no mention of this camera and I have heard of others having issues with installing the backup camera but that they also said that once they figured it out it was pretty simple. I will be posting pictures of the installation to make it easier for anyone who might who have any issues with installation of the unit.

The quality of this product is something that I am very happy with and I am glad that I went with the ihreesy brand. It has already helped me in so many ways. I hope that I will never have to use any of the videos recorded but just in case of an accident I will be prepared.

The only thing that I could and would suggest to the company is that I wish the instructions were made more clear and easier to understand. All though it was really not that difficult to install once I figured it out exactly how to. I plan on purchasing more of the ihreesy Dual-Lens Car Camera for other vehicles in my household.

I just bought this for one of my cars and I have a question. I have an icon in the camera that looks like a plug into a charging station. Any idea what it's for. It looks like it will hold a charge if it's without power, but it's been connected for 4 days now and the battery icon is never full. Any idea?

Back