Dual setup challenes

Stever750

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a mini and a mini2 that I had set up in my previous car, I only used when driving, so parking mode not required. Problems I had and wat to overcome included:
- G shock way too senstitive, even at lowest setting they are both constantly saving files. I was late in clearing them (the app is a pita and so slow to view and edit files) that I had lttle space left on my card, so only had a few minutes of recent accident footage. Solution atm is to remove the sim cards, and clean up using my PC, not ideal.
- Powering two cameras, I had one on a rearmaster PBD cable (rear cam) and the other into the switchable USB port, but that rendered the android auto connection useless as not enough power to connect two devices. My cigar lighter is always on (a skoda/VAG thing).

I think I have found a (very expensive) solution to the power supply, and that's to use a garmin OBD power connector. Still no solution to the over sensitive shock sensing. I'm pondering simply buying a more sophisticated duo setup from Viofo etc, but if I can get the minis to work sensibly then I'll stick with them.

Back