Dual USB Hardwire kit ( Test )

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
This has been in the drawer for a while , been busy with with RC stuff ..
But I had some time today , and I really want to put dual USB outputs in the back window ..

A17O8p0Z.jpg

So another CHEAP hardwire test ...

1) I soldered on a XT60 connector so I could use a 3s 2200mAh RC heli battery for power
2) I am using 2 charge doctors
3) Testing for current and voltage sag under load , especially when both USB lines are used

Both charge doctors dont report the same thing , yeah ! ( whats new )
I swapped them around and each charge doctor reported the same thing ( different USB outlet )
So at least the hardwire adapter is constant ..

Running a 1Amp dummy load
CD 1 reported 0.96A
CD 2 reported 0.9A

Running a 2Amp dummy load
CD1 reported 1.89A
CD2 reported 1.72A

Since we have 2 USB outlets for power , we have to test both together to see if there is any sag under dual load ...
So I used another dummy load ( 1A ) that is fixed @ 1A and it ran 0.92A , then plugging in the other load @ 1A the first load remained at a constant 0.92A .. You cant run these small dummy loads for long periods , but the hardwire kit seemed to handle a double load just fine ..
Running two cams would mean drawing around 1Amp on average depending on variables .. Two capacitor cams might pull around 700 to 800 mAh . ( That's my plan )

Curious to see the board and the regulator chip used. It looks like its been resin molded into the case though.

I did a tear down of the SG power supply here which has shown to be a well designed power supply.

Yep , looks like the entire thing is molded .. Would need to be cut open ...
But this one is going in my car ... Sick and tired of running a sig adapter for the rear cam .

Back