Duo HD power problems.

RayPaterson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Duo HD kept switching off after about 10 minutes driving. I originally thought it was a problem with the hard wire kit. That seems OK because if I plug the power lead directly into the camera it seems to work fine, except the screen stays on.
I guess it could be the block that's fixed to the screen with the GPS in?
It doesn't have the new magnetic fixing. I can't find the older screen fixing on the Nextbase website. Are they still available? Can I get one without GPS?

Ray

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

My Duo HD kept switching off after about 10 minutes driving. I originally thought it was a problem with the hard wire kit. That seems OK because if I plug the power lead directly into the camera it seems to work fine, except the screen stays on.
I guess it could be the block that's fixed to the screen with the GPS in?
It doesn't have the new magnetic fixing. I can't find the older screen fixing on the Nextbase website. Are they still available? Can I get one without GPS?

Ray

Hi Ray,

I'd recommend testing the camera inside your home or office :
1. Bring the camera and mount inside your home and lay on a flat surface.
2. Power the camera using the USB cable directly into the mount.
3. Turn the camera on and start recording. Does it still turn off after 10 minutes?
4. Now remove the GPS mount and plug the USB cable directly into the camera. Set to record. Does it now turn off after 10 minutes?

If the answer to 3 if no, then it's the power supply in the car that's causing a problem.
If the answer to 3 is yes and 4 is no, then I'd recommend a replacement GPS mount.

If you do need a new GPS mount, this can be purchased here: https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/duo-hd

If you need any further help, just let me know.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase Technical Support

Millie, thank you.
This is a real mystery. When I plugged the mount into the USB on the laptop it stayed on over 2 hours.
I put it in the car with the hardwired lead in the mount and it cut out after 20 mins. When I plug the hardwired power supply in the car directly into the camera it stays on no problem.
Any ideas please?

Thanks
Ray

Hi Ray,

It sounds like the GPS mount is having a problem with the Hard Wire Kit. However the fact the mount stays on when connected to the PC is an odd one. At this point I'd recommend trying a replacement GPS mount to see if that resolves the power problem. I've messaged you directly regarding this.

If this fixes the issue, please update this thread so that other forum users can see the resolution method.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase Technical Support

Back