Duplicated clips 522 Nextbase

Mikey161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

When I download the SD card onto my laptop I have 2/3 clips of the same video. I have a Nextbase 522 front and rear camera and I did notice in settings an option for 'duplicate clips' which I thought was for recordings of the recordings from the front and the rear camera.

Have I set this right? And how can I stop having several recordings of the same clip which is very annoying not to mention it is also taking up lots of room on my SD card? TIA

Hi, not sure if you have found the answer yet to your problem. I had the same problem this morning after a Firmware update.

It's the setting on 'Dual Files.' This should be set to 'OFF.'

Hello,

You have 'Dual Files' turned on in the Camera's settings. This means that for every recorded time period, two files will be produced; one HF and one LF- High Resolution Front and Low Resolution Front. If you also have a Rear Camera attached, then four recordings will be made; HF, LF, HR, and LR: High Resolution Rear and Low Resolution Rear. The smaller file size of the low quality video means it is quicker to transfer and edit within the app. Please note: Recording both high and low resolution versions will take up more space on the memory card. If you turn off Dual Files, then only the High Resolution footage will record.

You can disable Dual Files by:

1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording (by pressing the red circle)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Video settings
5) Scroll across to ‘Dual Files'
6) Enable or Disable Dual files here.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back