Duplicated files

Mikey161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 522 nextbase and when I download the SD card to my laptop I have several clips of the same video, front and back. I have a front and rear camera so I have set my camera to duplicate files thinking It will only record front and back once. Have I set the correct settings?? It is also taking up lots more space on my SD card. TIA.

Are they suffixed .HI and .LO.

If so then they are high and low quality files for PC or phone download. I think you can turn one off.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. The only setting I have is in - Dual Files - Then either on or off.
I am going to turn off dual files and see what happens - I suspect either the front or rear camera won't then record....;(

Watch this space...Thanks.

Does anyone else have any Ideas'

I dont think that mean just 1 of the 2 cameras will record, typically this mean you also have expanded choices like running 60 FPS on the solo front camera.
I think if you turn off dual files your problem are gone, and you still have front and rear camera footage.

If that menu item was about running 1 or 2 cameras, then it should be named ( something ) cameras

I have changed the settings to NO on the duplicate files and I am still finding I am getting several clips of the same recording, fron,t and rear??

Anyone have any ideas....its a nextbase 522 - Maybe Nextbase support can shed some light on this, please...

Nextbase stopped appearing on these forums a long time ago :( Best to phone them for support now, or email them which will take awhile longer.

Phil

Out of interest, what are the exact duplicate filenames and are the creation and filesize the same ?

Dual files is to allow a quicker preview using the app. It’s a lower res file intended for WiFi download that you can then share from the app to copy to your photo album or to share elsewhere.

Can I turn this off or does it automatically record dual files?

I will try once more. I turned it off and I still get more than one file...

With a rear camera installed you should theoretically only have two files. One for the front view and one for the rear.

Yes. But for some reason, these files are being duplicated and I don't know how to stop it....

Not sure about the size...
have a look at the attributes, from memory there's a setting somewhere to do duplicate files which are much smaller than the originals, these are the version you see when accessing the camera via wifi, they're much faster to transfer to the phone, if this function is disabled and you only have the large file it's much slower to download to the phone

Ok. So I should be looking at this problem via the app on the dashcam?

File attributes? I have amended the settings..can you direct me to the correct setting? I am sure I have double-checked these but may be wrong...Thanks.

open the card in whatever file viewer you have, Windows Explorer, Finder etc and view in details mode so you see file name, file size etc as a list (ie; you don't want thumbnail view, you want to see the attributes of the files)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M 522GW 22
M 522GW 2
FourAcess 522GW 2
Back