DV688 - Error: Please connect the lens

Motor91

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

End 2018 I bought a DV688 from Amazon. I was very happy with the system until recently. When driving my motorcycle the recording stopped at the same moment for both camera's (I know this because I viewed the last videorecords on the DV688). It was good weather so it can't be because of rain. The system says when starting that the gps positioning is succesful, but after that it gives the error "Prompt, Please connect the lens".

I have tried the following things:
-Switching the cables of both camera's with each other
-Trying to connect just one camera
-Connecting one camera to the control unit with a cable that was never used (left over when installing the system)
-Reseting the control unit to factory settings
-Reformating the SD card

Because it happened with both camera's at the same time when riding the motorcycle it is very likely that the control unit is defective and not the lens. I barely made 4000km with the system and it is also not even been a year since I have the DV688. The last thing that I want to do is leaving a bad review at amazon because I was in the beginning very happy with the system.

Do you dash cam pro's have any suggestions to fix the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

You can tag me for help if any questions to use it!
Did you load firmware to reset it or not?

Hi Estore009,

Is the 20180912 firmware the latest version? If not, could you then please send me the firmware?

Many thanks for the help!

Tag me your email and will pm you the newest firmware download link!

I updated the control unit, but the error still remains:(

It's impossible that both camera's died at the same moment, so it must be the control unit. Could you please tell me what more I can do? If there are no other options left I am thinking about the warranty. On the website of Blueskysea I saw that there is a one year warranty period for the DV688. How does this work because my DV688 is still in the one year period.

You can tell me your order number, I will ask the seller to replace the DVR main unit for you!

This is a picture of the connector that was left over. Is this picture sufficient enough to identify the type of connector?

Attachments

• 20190906_084701.jpg
    20190906_084701.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi Estore009, today I received the new DVR main unit. I was very excited so I could not wait and immediately installed the new main unit on my motorcycle, hereby the outcomes:
The new main unit showed the view of the lens on the back, but not the one on the front. Hereby I attached the lens on the front trough a cable (that was left over) to the new main unit. The front lens still didn't work. I connected the back lens trough the extension cables that was installed for the front lens, hereby the back lens worked again. I think that somemehow the front lens got defected and that it damaged the old main unit.

The good news is that the lens on the back and all the extension cables work properly. So the only thing that needs to be replaced is the lens on the front. Because I received the main unit due the warranty period I feel uncomfortable and guilty to ask for the lens. Could you therefore please tell me how much the lens will cost and if it's possible to receive a discount due the situation?

Thank you so much again!

If you agree to pay the shipping fee, I think the seller would like to send you one front lens!

That would be great! Do I need to contact the seller or will he/she contact me again?

That would be great! Do I need to contact the seller or will he/she contact me again?
The seller will contact you directly!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z DV688 2
T DV688 1
M DV688 15
M DV688 16
34Ford DV688 4
Back