DV688 first recording of the new year

HarleyNutt

Reaction score
Country
United States
First ride of the season with my DV688 kept the date and time functions thru the winter down time. The wind was blowing a bit but still was a great day t ride. This is a clip along the Maumee river between Waterville Ohio and Napoleon Ohio.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! The spring riding season is coming... Enjoy your time!

This year i have seen motorcycles all year, okay not that many in the past 3 winter months, but i still see one now and then.
I cant think it is very enjoyable to drive a MC in temperatures very close to freezing, not something i would do with my intense dislike for cold weather.

Yea, according to our experiences, the motorcycle accessories sales will be hot within this spring riding season!

Interesting that the cam kept time/date that long. Some dashcams lose it after just a few days sitting unused.

Here in upstate SC the only times I didn't ride were when there was black ice on the roads and during near-tornado thunderstorms. When winter came I'd wait till the first really cold day, then take off on a two-hour-long ride in shirtsleeves cranking down on it all the way. Froze my butt off but only once; after that I didn't feel cold all winter long no matter what. I've had my beard freeze solid a few times riding in winter rain, sleet, and snow :LOL: But it always felt great when springtime arrived and the cold was gone for the year- I could stop worrying about finding ice hiding in the shade on early morning rides in the mountains. There's some places up there which almost never get any full sunlight at all :sneaky:

Were it not for the increased traffic and crazies on the roads today I might consider riding again but unfortunately riding around here now is almost suicidal. Maybe in a couple more years after I retire if I move out into the boonies I'll reconsider ;) Not me but similar

Phil

Interesting that the cam kept time/date that long. Some dashcams lose it after just a few days sitting unused.
Phil
Well I must say that I have done some work on my bike over the winter months so it most certainly had the ignition turned on a few times over the winter, although it did spend some time under a cover with a battery charger on it so if that may have made a difference.

That is a nice Norton, gotta have some "shake" to it too with 850 cc on 2 cylinders, i know my 660 CC yamaha quad bike had.

Personally i would get me a Danish Nimbus, maybe take it to the states and show them boys how its done.

4327e5d0f50decec91e35044904d9c1f.jpg

Though first i have to get licensed for driving one of those, cuz it is one of a few i an not legally allowed to drive,,,,, though i have no doubt already now i can be a better motorcyclist then a great number of those on the Danish streets.

Back