DV988 Android App connection Issues

Send it back for a replacement unit, please!

HELP…….I cannot connect my camera to iphone!!! What am I doing wrong…..FIRMWARE is MTX121D-2021-03-22

HELP…….I cannot connect my camera to iphone!!! What am I doing wrong…..FIRMWARE is MTX121D-2021-03-22
Do WiFi connection with the dash cam in your iPhone Wi-Fi section before open the APP.

How to load new firmware to camera by Windows computer?

1. Format the SD card in FAT32 format (If 32GB card you use, please format as FAT32 by Windows computer; if 64GB card, please use this GuiFormat tool to format as FAT32 by Windows computer).

2. Copy the bin files over to the root directory of the SD card and put the card into the camera.

3. Power on the camera and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera.

4. Take out the SD card and reformat it as FAT32.

5. Place the SD card back into the camera.

6. Check the firmware version on the dashcam menu. Its firmware version should be MTX121D-2020-12-16134
Hello, what a great site and excellent support.
I have formatted SD card 32GB downloaded firmware .Bin file
Do I have to extract the files then copy to SD card? I dont know how to do that....any ideas please
Dave

Last edited:
Hello, picture quality is amazing.
Having problems with connecting to the App.
It will connect sometimes when motorcycle running in garage but drops within a few moments.
Phone says no wifi so defaults to mobile data but then drops out as above.
My wifi is good 75Mbps, any ideas, I have updated firmware as you directed.....help!

I also have the wifi drop on another camera, but then connecting the #2 time it will keep the wifi going until i drop it.
you might be able to fix this by putting the phone in airplane mode, at least that often do it with android phones and wifi woes.

It could maybe also be something with permissions, but as a avid phone hater i have not focused on this.

I also have the wifi drop on another camera, but then connecting the #2 time it will keep the wifi going until i drop it.
you might be able to fix this by putting the phone in airplane mode, at least that often do it with android phones and wifi woes.

It could maybe also be something with permissions, but as a avid phone hater i have not focused on this.
Thanks for you comments, will try it later thanks again.

OK
Still no joy with App connection the wifi sign occasionally turns green.

Phone most times dosent see the camera/wifi so no connection.

Ckearly can use without the App but Im using the 2nd installation method ie screen under the seat, so would be a great benifit if itvworked in the intended way.

So which is at fault:-
• phone
• App
• DV
• or me

Thanks anyone

OK
Still no joy with App connection the wifi sign occasionally turns green.

Phone most times dosent see the camera/wifi so no connection.

Ckearly can use without the App but Im using the 2nd installation method ie screen under the seat, so would be a great benifit if itvworked in the intended way.

So which is at fault:-
• phone
• App
• DV
• or me

Thanks anyone
Hi
Replying to self! Problem solved I think. Looks like power supply on stationary bike.
Connected DV via usb and 12V 5A power pack and all worked perfectly.
So will now try riding and see if the bikes power output does make that difference.
21/08/21
Not fixed yet
Its strange...wifi is switched on but DV988 under bike seat and won't connect to Samsung phone. Connected to battery and switched Power 12V, coming from number plate light feed main fuse is 15 amps, also supports brake light.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi
Replying to self! Problem solved I think. Looks like power supply on stationary bike.
Connected DV via usb and 12V 5A power pack and all worked perfectly.
So will now try riding and see if the bikes power output does make that difference.
21/08/21
Not fixed yet
Its strange...wifi is switched on but DV988 under bike seat and won't connect to Samsung phone. Connected to battery and switched Power 12V, coming from number plate light feed main fuse is 15 amps, also supports brake light.
Any ideas?
My Error!!.... it was a power source issue, have now used an accessory circuit 30amps....it worked immediately WIFI was green right away and connected to phone.
Thanks for all the support.
Dave

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaioRider DV988 3
O DV988 3
Hawk5 DV988 9
Hawk5 DV988 7
Hawk5 DV988 4
Back