Plumber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I'm currently installing a erisin head unit
I want to put the journey camera on my rear window
I'm struggling to find an extension cable
It's the 8 pin mini din male to female as its a van I have the cable need to be about 6 metres long
I have attached a picture

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 18
It's often better to run 12V to the back, then power the cam's PS closer to it's location. This helps avoid the voltage and current drop which occurs in all wiring, and which exhibits more drop over a given distance when the voltage is lower. You might do OK with a top-quality USB extension cable, but I'd avoid lesser ones.

Phil

Thanks Phil for the advice

Not sure I can do that for this camera

I will try my best to explain

The head unit has built in dvr control for one camera only so I would like to use this option for the rear camera

The camera it self is hard wired with a small amount of cable about 6 inches with a female 8 pin connector to it

Then there is a length of cable with a 8 pin din mini connector either end one male one female this is the cable which needs to be about 5 metres long

Then I have another small length of cable with a male 8 pin din mini connector wired to about 3 inches of cable with a small white plastic connector on the other end which fixes into the rear of the radio into the dvr in slot
Thanks

Hello

Yes I have tested camera it works ok

I don't mind buying another one with longer lead but still can't seem to fine any

I may have to make the extension cable up myself
Do you know if there is a usb to 8 pin mini din adapted on the market maybe I could use that with a long length of usb cable

Thanks

I suspect you'll have to make up your own cable, there's lots of these types of cables used on all sorts of products in China but I'm not aware of there being a standard as such

Back