DVR207 FM Interferrence Solution?

RSole

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Some buyers are getting free new power plug cords that may fix the problem of the DVR207 ruining FM reception. Looping the power cord through a ferrite core at both ends seems to diminish the problem.

It's the Voltage reducing convertor in the plug that is the source of the RF emission, and the cord acts like an antenna for that RF. Looping the cord through a ferrite cord will allow mostly 5V D.C. to pass through. But...

It's possible that the positive wire on the cigarette lighter side of the plug is also an antenna for the interference , since the RF may emanate out of both ends (or may feed it directly to the radio through the radio's positive wire). Perhaps someone could detach the positive wire from their lighter assembly and loop it through a ferrite core also to see if that completely solves the problem for the buyers that are not getting a new power adapter.

Free new power plug cords? From where? estore009?

I wrote to estore009 about my problem concerning the radio interference. Vicky didn't promise to give anything free but ”one RF filter”, whatever it means. Does it help in this case?

Anyway, in this condition the DVR-207 is not a ready product and I can't recommend it to anybody.

Re: DVR207 FM Interference Solution?

RSole said:
It's the Voltage reducing convertor in the plug that is the source of the RF emission
Are you sure? The radio interference already occurs when the power cable is connected to the camera without the other side of the cable connected to the cigarette lighter socket and the camera is on.
There is no interference when the camera is off but the power cable is connected to both the camera and the cigarette lighter socket. I do not know if the battery is charged when the camera is off while it is powered. If yes, it is for sure that the interference is coming from the running camera and not from the power cable.

rjgscotland does not use the supplied adapter, but rather a hard-wired 5v voltage regulator. He still has the interference.

Most probably, the camera itself is scattering the interference through the power cable and not sending it via the cable into the electrical system of the car. The power cable is acting like a transmitter antenna. The noise on FM is becoming quieter or louder as soon as I start moving the power cable.

They are sending me a snap ferrite suppressor. I get mild interference on some radio stations.

For those who are interested in the dimensions of the low voltage connector for the DVR027/207:
· external diameter: 3.5 mm
· internal diameter: 1.45 mm

I just bought two of them.

Ramshackle said:
They are sending me a snap ferrite suppressor. I get mild interference on some radio stations.
Today, I tried several ways of leading the power cable from the camera to the cigarette lighter socket, using one ferrite bead and using two ferrite beads. Without success. I was not able to get rid of the interference. Such a bother.

Do all the new 207 units cause this interference, or is it connected to certain vehicles?

ydc said:
Do all the new 207 units cause this interference, or is it connected to certain vehicles?

I have interference and I drive a 2011 Honda Odyssey.

estore009 have sent me a new adapter, which hasn't arrived yet, so when I receive it I'll let you know if it fixed the interference.

Cheers :) Mario

The DVR-207 is nearly totally unusable on long distance drives in the condition I bought it. I can't listen to the radio at all when the dash cam is on.

Some buyers are getting new adapters (power cord with lighter socket?) and some RF filters (snap ferrite suppressor? ferrite bead?) from estore009.

What does this all mean? Who knows?

Thanks for this guys.

I was trying to decide between a 207 or a F500, but it looks like I'll be getting the latter.

My commute without a radio wouldn't be pleasant...

I will return my DVR-027 and buy an Eeyelog HDW001. I am waiting for a price quote. During the night it seems to perform better than the F500LHD.

Last edited by a moderator:
ydc said:
I was trying to decide between a 207 or a F500, but it looks like I'll be getting the latter.
My commute without a radio wouldn't be pleasant...
I think that estore009 tries frankly to be a reliable seller, but they are now surprisingly in the situation where their products don't work properly in all conditions. The main reason seems to be the manufacturer which pushes a new product to the market without testing it thoroughly.

It would be nice if somebody who gets the interference problem fixed told us about it. Two-three weeks is too long to wait before new parts arrive from the seller. I'm sure that also estore009 want to prove asap that problems with DVR-207 are possible to solve.

I also have this FM interference problem, and have contacted estore009 to see if they have a solution.

Lajos said:
ydc said:
I think that estore009 tries frankly to be a reliable seller, but they are now surprisingly in the situation where their products don't work properly in all conditions. The main reason seems to be the manufacturer which pushes a new product to the market without testing it thoroughly.
The DVR207 ist nearly equal to the DVR027 which has the same problem. I bought the DVR027 some weeks ago and in my car it causes heavy interference on both DAB and FM. The problem is not new since Russian buyers write in Russian forums about this for more than a year. I cannot believe that no Russian buyer did complain.

My Russian is expandable. :cool: I used Google Translate for reading the Cyrillic forums.

I have a DVR 027 which is really no different than the 207 and I have no interference issues with FM.
It's installed in my winter beater - a 2001 Honda Accord

I have the same problem and estore009 said they would send me a snap ferrite suppressor for the unit.

It has not arrived. They said they would send it on March 7. So it may be in the mail..... :?:

I got a replacement power cord with a ferrite filter near the camera end. It completely eliminated the FM reception problem.

RSole said:
I got a replacement power cord with a ferrite filter near the camera end. It completely eliminated the FM reception problem.

did you buy the cord or did someone send a replacement?

RSole said:
Can you show us a picture of your new power cord?

KvR said:
RSole said:
Can you show us a picture of your new power cord?

I got it from the DVR207 seller. The original plug was straight, the replacement lighter plug was banana shaped with a ferrite cylinder about 4 inches from the camera plug. It also did not work until I resoldered the loose negative wire from the plug's board to the plug's negative spring clip.

Back