DVR207 from futuretrend01 on eBay

I split this into a new topic. The price looks very good and so far 11 have been sold. Hopefully some of the purchasers can report back on this camera when they receive it. One thing I noticed is that they omit the processor in the description which is a warning sign while estore009 is quite transparent in their description.

DashCamMan said:
I split this into a new topic. The price looks very good and so far 11 have been sold. Hopefully some of the purchasers can report back on this camera when they receive it. One thing I noticed is that they omit the processor in the description which is a warning sign while estore009 is quite transparent in their description.

Did I mention that I bought it and I don't think it's even worth owning. It may be ok if you simply can't afford a better one but mine will sit in the box unused as it doesn't even live up to the quality of 720 like it's advertised as. It will look better if you view it on a tiny screen.

The description from futuretrend01's page shows specifications as if it was a DVR207GS (the model with a built-in G-sensor)

From futuretrend01:
Features:
IR day and night vision for recording
Support 1440*1080 video recording
Wide 120 degree view angle
Screen can be Rotated 270 degree, making backhand, forehand side and all up to you
G-sensor function
HDMI and USB2.0 interface

100199-15_001.jpg

Other details reinforce this speculation. For example:

Firmware #
From estore009:
M111301.jpg

From futuretrend01:
100199-13_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:

Another issue that futuretrend01 does not address is the FM interference problem. As many already know, estore009 has explicited addressed the issue with a new charger:

From estore009:
Factory made some improvement on its car charger to solve this FM references problem,
they add one extra power line inside car charger;
and now,package comes with New Car charger :
T2dGfOXhNaXXXXXXXX_!!404409158.png

Based on 1) Al Drake's concern regarding video quality @ 720p, 2) the discrepancy of information in the listing, as well as 3) the lack of support -- It may prove wiser to purchase the DVR207(GS) elsewhere.

Yes you could, if you look at the picture its only to places you need to solder a wire on.

KvR said:
I soldered the wire, but no improvement.

Soldering can be a tricky. Sometimes you might end up with a cold solder joint. The length and gage of the wire also might be a factor. You may be dealing with a tuned circuit. I would even try a small ferrite choke.

http://users.belgacom.net/hamradio/sche ... un_MLB.htm

RF Choke to prevent hf currents on the feedline
(or...1:1 Choke Balun, sometimes called the "UGLY BALUN")

"Ferrite beads hence chokes are used (in a way similar to inductors) as a passive low-pass filter. The geometry and electromagnetic properties of coiled wire over the ferrite bead result in a high impedance (resistance) for high-frequency signals, attenuating high frequency EMI/RFI electronic noise. The absorbed energy is converted to heat and dissipated by the ferrite, but only in extreme cases will the heat be noticeable.

Ferrite beads or coax turned over a ferrite bar are one of the simplest and least expensive types of interference filters to install on preexisting electronic cabling. For a simple ferrite ring, the wire is simply wrapped around the core through the center typically 5 or 7 times. Clamp-on cores are also available, which can be attached without wrapping the wire at all."

There are ferrite beads small enough to fit that wire and not interfere with placement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a DVR207GS from futuretrend01 on ebay for $50 - seems legit. Has HDMI, video quality is good. I'm running into some minor issues (won't auto-start recording unless motion detection is on, etc) but I'm not convinced this isn't an issue common to all DVR207GS's.

UPDATE: My minor issues are resolved (incorrect settings), and I can say that the $50 futuretrend01 DVR207GS is NOT a fake, and is the cheapest ebay buy at the time of this writing.

VIIVIIIXIII said:
I got the replacement charger from estore009. No problems for GPS anymore. It was completely dead with the original power cable. On FM, stations do not disappear anymore, but there is still interference with the new charger. Interesting will be comparing the new charger from estore009 with the one I received from AliExpress. I suspect the AliExpress cable being the better one with less noise on FM. I can do a real comparison in a few weeks.

not sure how long since they sent it but tracking numbers take around a week to turn up in the system, not sure why so long but it's a regular occurrence

even if you get this I suspect it might offer some kind of improvement at best but I don't think it will fix the problem unfortunately, it's inherent to the design

The promised charger has now arrived and it does fix my radio reception issues. Thank you estore009

Ramshackle said:
The promised charger has now arrived and it does fix my radio reception issues. Thank you estore009

Incredibly slow but good to know they followed up and more importantly that it fixed the problem

Horsepow3r said:
How about the GPS problems?

Used the GPS for hours yesterday with no problems at all.

This new power supply is what should have been provided from the get-go.

Back