DVR207 replacement power cable?

Snarfblat

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi!

I have been searching for a long time for a new charger/power cable for my DVR207. I was unsuccessful in finding a suitable replacement for the one that came with the camera, ie:

12V to 5V conversion
3.5mm plug, preferably a right-angle plug
3m or longer cable for routing around the windshield
integrated ferrite core if available.

I can find combinations of the above, but no direct replacement. Has anyone been seen such a cable/adapter on Ebay or Amazon or elsewhere? I have searched the forums and there seems to be a few of us that are looking. A nudge in the right direction would be most helpful. I contacted estore009 but they did not offer one for sale.

Thanks for any help!

I'd love to know where to get one too. I plan on wiring my 207 into a fuse-box adapter and would like a second power cable in case I screw something up or want to use it in another car.

It would be handy to have another one, would make it simpler moving the camera from car to car.

Snarfblat said:
Hi!

I have been searching for a long time for a new charger/power cable for my DVR207. I was unsuccessful in finding a suitable replacement for the one that came with the camera, ie:

12V to 5V conversion
3.5mm plug, preferably a right-angle plug
3m or longer cable for routing around the windshield
integrated ferrite core if available.

I can find combinations of the above, but no direct replacement. Has anyone been seen such a cable/adapter on Ebay or Amazon or elsewhere? I have searched the forums and there seems to be a few of us that are looking. A nudge in the right direction would be most helpful. I contacted estore009 but they did not offer one for sale.

Thanks for any help!

If you're in Toronto, go downtown to Active Surplus. That place has metric **** tons of chargers, plugs and everything useful and useless.

The last one in your post looks like the charger that came with the camera, minus the 45 degree plug and ferrite bead that came with mine. I wouldn't buy it if FM interference has been a problem for you.

I e-mailed her and asked the price, she said $7 and told me to send it to her paypal account. I did, but haven't heard anything back from her yet.

Horsepow3r said:
KvR said:
I ordered this one at AliExpress. It is on the way between China and Germany.
KVR, after you've tested the cable, please update us. :)
The cable arrived. It is much better than the original one. I did some testing.

On DAB (digital radio, 174-240 MHz) it slightly influences the signal which can only be observed on a very weak signal. I did the reception test on my Alpine CDE-136BT car radio with a Swiss transmitter on channel 12C (227.360 MHz), 135 km away.

Interesting phenomenon for FM: when plugging in the DVR207, there is a lot of noise which disappears after a couple of seconds. It seems that a suppression capacitor inside the car charger does some good work in reducing the interference coming from the DVR207.

IMO this interference problem needs to be sorted out. It's the biggest problem with the camera.

I now hate using my radio and the GPS performance is poorer. Grrr!

The seller should source us a charger that works correctly.

Do not buy this camera until the problem is fixed.

Attachments

• ps.JPG
    ps.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
does the one you need use a mini usb plug or a regular round plug, I'm not too familiar with your model

Ramshackle said:
small round power jack

Ok wasn't clear as they show both types in the ad, the USB ones I have plenty, the other type I don't use so can't help with that one

Back