DVR207GS Date Reset and Recording Issues

Ramness

Reaction score
Country
United States
DVR207GS Date Reset and Recording Issues

Purchased a DVR207GS in mid 2014. Has been a good camera for the most part but in the last few months it has become quite unreliable.

Issues I am having.

1. Camera is set for 5 minute file segments. It will just stop recording part way though a segment and not start a new one for the rest of the trip. Sometimes it will remain on and start again normally the next time the vehicle is started, other times the screen will be blank an the red light on the power button will be illuminated but the camera will be unresponsive to button presses even after vehicle is turned off and back on. When this occurs the battery has to be removed and put back in while the vehicle is off to return to normal operation. Date is normally reset to 1/1/2012 afterwards.

2. Date is resetting to 1/1/2012 after restarting vehicle. No pattern to it occurring, will be fine after being parked with no power overnight then reset after being parked with no power for 30 minutes. When this occurs it will record a single file then record over that file repeatedly. All the correct date and time files from before reset will be left on card intact.

So far I have watched the videos when it occurs while driving to see if it happens while hitting bumps in the road or if it’s occurring in the same places due to interference of some sort in the area but I have ruled both of those out. I purchased a new battery for it and new memory card. I have also formatted the cards numerous times trying both the computer to format and the camera’s format function. Motion detection and IR are both off.

Anyone else had these issues and solved them?

you can try replacing the battery (a lot of these use a BL-5C battery but could be something else) if still no good with a new battery then it's probably time to start shopping for a replacement camera

So I should try a 3rd battery?

Got a multimeter you can test the replacement battery with? If it checks out ok then it's probably not something you can fix

Back