DVR207GS G-Sensor operation

AllStrobedUp

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can not figure out how to make the G-Sensor work. Won't lock files after shock, won't start recording upon shock? What the heck am I doing wrong? And what is it supposed to do?

Very common on this model to have problems if using the G-Sensor, perhaps it has been disabled, you might be better off without it anyway, reliably recording video should be the number one priority with any camera

I would also recommend leaving it disabled. I have an older DVR-027 without a G Sensor, but my GS8000 was always way to sensitive. Hitting a bump or pot hole would cause a file to lock after a bit i would have to manual delete videos that were locked because of hitting a pot hole and the locked folder would fill up.

It wont do anything for me. I was hoping it would work somewhat like a parking mode. and if the vehicle was shook or shocked it would start recording.

It wont do anything for me. I was hoping it would work somewhat like a parking mode. and if the vehicle was shook or shocked it would start recording.

it doesn't work like that for this model anyway, parking mode (or motion detect) is another thing that doesn't work correctly on this model

As jokiin mentions the way motion detection works at least on the 027 was it would start to record a few seconds after it noticed motion in front of the camera. So if for instance someone bumped your car or took your mirror off The camera would record a second or two after it seen the car pass.

I tested it out in an empty car park a few times. i would be parked up in a straight facing space where cars are driving down passing on my cars left. There were no other cars or motion around other then one passing ever 5-10 mins if that. by the time the camera started to record anything the car would be about half a car length away to far for a plate, but you could probably go Okay that was a blue Nissan Pathfinder that bumped my car.

I started out the same way. grabbed a DVR-027 because i was new to everything and wanted to have at least something to protect myself from bad drivers, but did not want to invest 200+ dollars into something that may have been misrepresented or missing features i needed. Once you read up understand everything things are not to bad. If i knew then what i know now i would of defiantly grabbed a higher end camera sooner. I love my Vico, but i can understand how hectic it can be at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
As jokiin mentions the way motion detection works at least on the 027 was it would start to record a few seconds after it noticed motion in front of the camera. So if for instance someone bumped your car or took your mirror off The camera would record a second or two after it seen the car pass.

I tested it out in an empty car park a few times. i would be parked up in a straight facing space where cars are driving down passing on my cars left. There were no other cars or motion around other then one passing ever 5-10 mins if that. by the time the camera started to record anything the car would be about half a car length away to far for a plate, but you could probably go Okay that was a blue Nissan Pathfinder that bumped my car.

I started out the same way. grabbed a DVR-027 because i was new to everything and wanted to have at least something to protect myself from bad drivers, but did not want to invest 200+ dollars into something that may have been misrepresented or missing features i needed. Once you read up understand everything things are not to bad. If i knew then what i know now i would of defiantly grabbed a higher end camera sooner. I love my Vico, but i can understand how hectic it can be at first.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I am just gonna start saving my pennies and get a hi end camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back