E-Prance B48

alferret

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Brought an E-Prance 0803 got an 0805 now using a B48.
Any thoughts or opinions on this dashcam?
Retiring my 0805 after 8 months as the battery no longer holds charge. Opted for the B48 which should be delivered tomorrow.

As for me - this is the best bang for the buck. I updated it with Streetstorm latest firmware and now the only downside is that is doesn't have menu to switch between km and mi.
$120 on Amazon. Did purchase one, used it for a week or so and purchased another one for the second car. With a streetstorm firmware I can cycle through EV settings on the fly with power button which eliminate stopping the recording, going into the menu, adjusting EV, exiting the menu and resuming the recording. And a LOT of other interesting features. The other positive moment is that Streetstorm firmware is updating constantly.

Just the short of answer I was looking for :) have used it over the last week on HDR and the quality doesn't seem to be that good also I get audio cracking so trying a different firmware might be worth a look.

CVR-A7810 PRO would this be the right Cam? Or would it be the CVR-A7810-G PRO? They both look the same to me.
My current firmware version is ERB47FSHZDGE.150512.V1.1

Last edited:
The difference between pro and non-pro is the settings of the dewarp. Because Pro has 155 degree lens, non-pro got 170 (same as e-prance I guess).

G stands for GPS.

Nice one, thanks. Upgraded firmware to the G-Pro. Would the speed camera option work for the UK? is there a speed cam file for the UK?

Thanks for the replies.
There doesnt seem to be much info online regarding the B48, the manual that came with the cam is for a G90W & there is nothing that I could find on the E-Prance website. I'm guessing that the B48 is a generic cam thats been rebadged E-Prance.
There are a few YouTube vids and thats about it.

Thanks for the replies.
There doesnt seem to be much info online regarding the B48, the manual that came with the cam is for a G90W & there is nothing that I could find on the E-Prance website. I'm guessing that the B48 is a generic cam thats been rebadged E-Prance.
There are a few YouTube vids and thats about it.

E-Prance is just a seller, the camera is from Samoon

The main difference between streetstorm and e-prance is that streetstorm got ~500mb of Nand memory, while e-prance have ~80mb. The rest is identical. There are several names this camera is selling under

I did purchase third B48 couple days ago and this is what came :)
e53b47beb3f8e532e1ca207e2d1c94f0.jpg

Partially painted lens surrounding.

No. Lens holder weren't painted completely.

Looks quite good although not that stealthy ;)

I'm getting cracking in the audio on playback and the mount vibrates so the picture is quite juddery, I'll look into a fix for the mount when I'm off work later this week.
Also since updating the firmware to StreetStorms latest my battery never gets to a full charge regardless of how long the cam is on in the car, on the original firmware it used to get to full charge in 10-20 minutes, the other night I was out for well over an hour and the charge light was still on.

Just watch for the updates. They release them pretty frequently. May be they will fix it.

I've got the DODMT D99 version of this sat here somewhere and it is indeed a great camera with the Street Storm firmware - daytime was as good as anything on the market.

I'm not sure if the E-Prance versions would be using the same lenses as there was a lot of marketing noise around the Zeiss optics on the DODMT version and for sure in the daytime it is fantastic.

Just as a follow up - both B48 I had died approximately at the same time. I guess they lasted around 16-18 months.
Random reboots, freezing, glitches etc. I did replace a battery, but no help - still the same thing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M What Should I Buy? 2
Roj Blake What Should I Buy? 9
Back