E-prance from AliExpress sent me 0803!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like I got unlucky and got 0803 even though the listing was for 0805 and I confirmed it will the seller. They also have extensive feedback which is surprising.

They keep saying the sent me 0805 and wouldn't cheat the customer, but there is no 45 fps option for 1080p resolution and no picture quality changes as expected in the 0805. I am disputing this now, but I am not sure what comes out of this. I really wanted to have 0805 unit. I think Mini or whatever company that is making them is really dropped the ball by reusing old design.

Comments after placing order:

E-PRANCE .
2015-01-13 02:13:35

Hello. Pls do not worry, the item we sent to you is the mini 0805, thanks.

M E
2015-01-12 12:41:33
Please confirm this is order for Mini 0805. Thank you!

Last edited:
Menu options you'll see are firmware dependent and can vary by version, not always a way to tell

Try resetting defaults in the menu also as this is something that should be done after an update and doesn't always happen, menu options can show up incorrectly if it wasn't reset after updating

It wasn't updated, it was out of the box like that. I did reset camera as well

It wasn't updated, it was out of the box like that. I did reset camera as well
Wasn't meaning you had updated it, sometimes they're done before they're shipped, always worth checking although there's a strong chance you did get sent the wrong model and you'll unfortunately get mucked around trying to get it sorted

Good luck with it anyway

Would it brick the camera if it's indeed 0803 and try to update with 0805 firmware?

What is the firmware date - if it is from before the 0805 existed then you have proof...

Although if you have to send it back to China then it may not be cost effective to argue anyway - could just sell it on Ebay as a new 0803 and buy from a more reputable supplier.

Yes, don't do that as it looks certain to be an 0803.
I am glad I checked resolution and raised my suspicion because I was ready to apply the update as goon as I got the unit.

Here is their initial reply in this dispute:

E-PRANCE .
2015-01-29 22:27:04
Dear Friend,
Pls do not worry. The device we sent to you is really the mini 0805, it is not the mini 0803.
The mini 0805 is just the upgrade of the mini 0803, so we did not change the package of the mini 0805, the package the outlook and the basic function of them are just the same. The main difference between them are that 1. the mini 0805 add a part the Heat sink, just like picture shows, but the mini 0803 did not has the heat sink, 2. the Image Sensor of mini 0803 is AR0330, but the Image Sensor of mini 0805 is OV4689, you can have a check.
We have do business on Aliexpress for many years, we will not send the wrong item to the buyer, or the Aliexpress will punish us and close our shop, we want to do business on Aliexpress for long, so we will not cheat the buyer, hope can get your understanding.
Best Regards
E-prance

Last edited:
I'd do as suggested and resell it as an 0803, cut your losses and get the 0806 instead
I already have 0806 (from FoxOffer) it's fine and great actually. ) I wanted 0805 for another car.

I already have 0806 (from FoxOffer) it's fine and great actually. ) I wanted 0805 for another car.

or buy an 0805 if that's your preference, dealing with this Chinese seller and getting them to admit fault (and rectify it) is going to be a challenge, win lose or draw you're going to lose time and money out of the deal, not saying it's right or they should get away with it but it's a reality of the situation unfortunately

File a claim on Aliexpress and give them hard evidences ( photos of menu, FW ver., maybe even link to this thread ).

Could just use it, the 0803 is not a bad camera, it's a fair way off an 0806 but if you only want standard 1080 it does a reasonable job unless you live somewhere hot. I recommend adding some extra ventilation holes though or the battery wont last too long and it will loose focus in hot weather.

Could just use it, the 0803 is not a bad camera, it's a fair way off an 0806 but if you only want standard 1080 it does a reasonable job unless you live somewhere hot. I recommend adding some extra ventilation holes though or the battery wont last too long and it will loose focus in hot weather.
That's exactly why I didn't want 0803 on the first place, besides 0805 has better hardware. Anyway, I will update once this I get some resolution. I don't see any point sending it back due to high shipping cost, so the only resolution would be is them giving partial refund to cover the difference and for the hassle.

Where would you recommend buying the Mini 0805? Gearsbest? They have a great deal which seems too good to be true. I was thinking FoxOffer since they seem reputable. Sending it back to China would cost time and money but still I would still open up a dispute on Aliexpress. Thanks.

Go with the supplier with the best reputation, the buyer protection on Aliexpress gets plenty of complaints, I would be relying on that alone

Back