E-prance Mini 0805 is working well for me

DSK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To replace some stolen dash cams, one of the ones I chose was the E-prance branded Mini 0805 to be used as the rear windscreen dash cam. I had noticed the 0805 considerably cheaper from other brands but I've had good experiences with E-prance so decided to go with this knowing should I have any issues they return/replacement etc will be hassle free.

So far I have covered 4, 4 hour long motorway journeys in warm conditions and 1 week of 1,000 miles worth of driving - so as you can imagine most of my driving is for pro-longed periods daily. I always use a good quality premium power lead (LINDY) as the ones usually supplied in these kits don't last long.

There have been no missed files, no switching on/off and no heat issues I'm happy to report. Very impressed with the reliability of this compact unit so far. It gives good options for selecting the resolution, quality etc and the menu is painless to whizz through.

good to hear. my mini 0801 was from e prance and I've not had problems w/ it, either. my mini 0805 is from splash e tech and it's been a winner, too.

Good to hear other positive experiences as it will help provide others with an idea what tends to work better and what doesn't.

I spoke too soon.

After about 5,000 miles of reliable performance in about 4 weeks my E-prance Mini 0805 is faulty. Upon powering on and whilst it has any power, it only shows a constant blue led status and its frozen in that state.

I contacted Amazon and even though E-prance is a seller on Amazon, a return has been arranged.

I really liked this unit for its discretion and the performance it provided whilst working. However, at £80 ish pounds, its not cheap and due to the amount of driving I do, as much as I'd like another I can't risk having the same issue. I'll look at the Blackvue 3500 now as that's a reasonably slick profile, 120 degree lens but I don't think it has the 6G lens and HDR/WDR technology that I find to be exceptional. Sadly for the rear screen I do need a slick discreet camera so others that have the spec I'm after I have to ignore.

Back