E-Prance miserable experience

HangFire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not too happy with e-prance right now. Was promised a paypal refund in 2-3 working days on Dec 18th, it's been 4 working days and I've heard nothing from them or paypal. This is par for the course. All communications take 36 hours for a response. Should be 12 to 20 hours.

They perpetually ask me for my pay pal account via eBay messages. I keep telling them that anything with an "@" or gmail.com in it, even disguised, gets flagged and held up by ebay, even paypal accounts (which are email addresses). Besides they ALREADY have my paypal account, both in eBay and outside communications I had to initiate through their website contact info.

The whole experience has been long and dragged-out, even for an order from China. I ordered an 0801 from eBay on Sept 18th and didn't receive it until Oct 23rd due to the Moon Cake Holiday. The holiday ended on Sep 21st but it still took them almost another week before they shipped.

They offered me no firmware updates or any help other than reset to defaults and try a slower card. Nothing worked.

I waited too long and now I can't even give feedback on eBay. I was trying to be nice and let them work things out with me, now I can't even ding them for slow shipping.

So, bad review from me. Bad product, slow service, unable to offer me a any real help, lots of time lost asking me for information they already have. Really feeling jerked around.

Hi Hangfire, I know your frustration. All I can advise is have patience, my experience with E-Prance has been very good. Sometimes it took a couple of days for a return email, just factor in the 13 hour difference between you and Shenzhen China and if communications happen over their/your weekend it will take longer. When you are up, they are asleep. My sense is E-prance isn't set up to work north american hours so we just have to live with them having a life and being off weekends and holidays.

I found the same thing, the ebay email address expires some time after the sale. But here is E-Prance's website and there is contact info there http://www.e-prance.com/contact-us.html I ordered on Oct 11 and received the package a few days ago in late December. All through it E-Prance kept me informed though sometimes it took a couple of days for a return email but they did respond. If they are trying to give you a refund, they will need your ebay email account, so send it via another non-email account to avoid the message getting flagged or filtered. Just remember to quote your order # for reference. You received your package in a bit over a month, mine took about 70 days and requiring E-prance, at their own expense, to re-send the package the long way around the earth to reach me. So hang in there or alternatively pay the higher price by buying from a north american based seller.

They just missed another promised refund date... by a week. Last week they claim they tested my unit (never mentioned this requirement before) and the GPS works (never complained about the GPS) and now that it was tested, it will be referred to Angel's boss for a refund.

Of course nothing has happened since then. It looks like I'll be forced to chargeback on my CC. That's why I always use a CC for paypal, but this is only the second time in over a decade of eBay that I've had to use it.

Heh now the latest response (1/6) is they refunded me on 12/28... even paypal isn't that slow in notifications. I know what's coming next- they'll ask me to confirm my paypal address... via eBay messages... were you can't type an "@" or a ".com" or a "gmail" without getting flagged.

After another two "please check" emails my refund has arrived. Only they sent it as a paypal Payment instead of a Refund, so I lost four and a half bucks (I have a seller account). And they didn't refund me for the extra mount I ordered. I guess 22.50 is the cost of a painful lesson. Don't order bleeding edge tech from China if you really need something that works. Something that HAS to be reliable. You know, like a Dash Cam.

Back