E750 Ambarella A7 Super HD 2304*1296P 30FPS GPS WDR ( from "Eeyelog" ? )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Another Ambarella A7 based dashcamera just presented on Taobao.

On video it shows model E750, but it looks something like from Eeyelog had similar designs to EHD90.

Price in China 780 Yuan, 129usd, - quite tempting price ,but of course real video rec. quality and reliability of product is unknown yet.

- Ambarella A7 CPU, ( which one exaclty? )
- 2304 x 1296P / 30fps Super HD resolution,
- 4K imaging technology , ( - ? )
- 140 degree diagonal lens
- 2.7" LCD
- 3D noise reduction super
- WDR Wide Dynamic Range
- CPL filter option
- G-sensor
- Motion detection recording
- Low profile mount / bracket , 360 degree swivel
- GPS integrated into the mount

T26WO5XqXXXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2ULm4XxxXXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2VYK5XpNXXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2W5i4XzRXXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2APO3XrFaXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2Dpm5Xt0XXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2Ocq5XuXXXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

T2jtS3XwNaXXXXXXXX-814743048.jpg

Last edited:
Eeyelog-ish look for sure, probably very similar to EHD90 as you mentioned.

4K! It looks like we are finally on the cusp of some remarkable technology becoming available at reasonable prices. When I bought my first dash cam about two years ago it was a crap shoot where you were hoping for something reasonable that wouldn't die in the first week and might give you something without too much pixelation or other imaging woes. Now it is starting to remind me of some of my earlier computer purchases where you would buy the "newest, latest, bestest" technology only to have buyer's remorse when something much faster and more capable would come onto the market almost as soon as you got your new purchase out of the box. I think 2014 will usher in some exciting new products.

I like the mount on this one. Since I can't mount directly behind the rear view mirror because of the required inspection sticker where I live I'm always happy to see a small mounting scheme that swivels.

well if it is 4K- 30 fps then :)
But some how i doubt that ;)

well if it is 4K- 30 fps then :)
But some how i doubt that ;)

Same here.
Thats why I put 4K in description with "?".
Chinese might dont understand ( misleading ) true meaning of 4K vs so called SuperHD 1296p.
We need to wait and see what industry will take / accept as an official unified naming of that resolution, because now I know 3-4 different ways of advertising it which missleading people.

Yeah, samme with the gopro cameras they allso advertised 4K but the forgot to tell it was only 15 FPS.

I think the latest gopros can do 4K-30 FPS, but that is allso a Whole other prize range.

Yeah, samme with the gopro cameras they allso advertised 4K but the forgot to tell it was only 15 FPS.

I think the latest gopros can do 4K-30 FPS, but that is allso a Whole other prize range.

I think misleadingly playing with lower FPS even ( maybe? ) 50usd cheap cam could produce real 4K ( read fine print: @1Fps, LOL )

I know Novatek are working on a 4K chipset but it's only like 10 or 15fps which seems rather pointless

I know Novatek are working on a 4K chipset but it's only like 10 or 15fps which seems rather pointless

Same I pointed out. "They" always trying to mislead and confuse us. Always need to read a "fine print" which in many cases non exist in their listing.

Same I pointed out. "They" always trying to mislead and confuse us. Always need to read a "fine print" which in many cases non exist in their listing.

yeah I had a briefing on their product ideas and it's all about what you can advertise, not what the product was really capable of, I'm sure we'll see plenty of that once these newer chipsets come out

yeah I had a briefing on their product ideas and it's all about what you can advertise, not what the product was really capable of, I'm sure we'll see plenty of that once these newer chipsets come out
"Not all is gold that glitters" ;)

if / 3K "2304 x 1296P / 30fps Super HD resolution"
Then /4K = Mega ultra HD :D

if / 3K "2304 x 1296P / 30fps Super HD resolution"
Then /4K = Mega ultra HD :D

Mayby "Supa-Dupa-Mega-Ultra HD" sounds more attractive to "catch the fish" (@ buyers ) ? ;)

Yes, I saw the question mark on Niko's post and understood that this camera probably isn't "real" 4k. I guess I meant that we seem to be building to much better performance in dash cameras and that in the scheme of things it is happening faster than it did over the last several years. It does remind me of the way computer performance began to increase relatively rapidly and indeed, it is the same thing in that it is based on faster and better microprocessor performance at lower prices. Even a year ago, many of us were not anticipating something that would perform as well as an entry level G1W for 52 USD. Ambarella has a 4K "UltraHD" (3840x2160p30) IP security camera on the market already (S2 chip) and it wouldn't be too surprising if this specification makes it into their automotive products before too long.

Last edited:
Eeyelog is one of the biggest ODM for Russian market.

Back