Eager to get it right!

BEric2000

Reaction score
I just received a GS1000 and after reading on here, I discovered that I have an old blue menu type, but after trying it out, the video isn't too bad and I'm pretty happy overall. I do have a couple questions that I can't seem to figure out.

How do I change the speed from km/h to mph?

I know that it is receiving gps signal because the speed works, but it doesn't seem to create a driving/gps track. The gps setting is turned on, but...?

The disc that came with the camers to install the viewer program... the program won't run for some reason. Does anyone know of a suitable alternative program that will allow me to both view my footage and see the gps track at the same time?

Another question... how do I set it to auto-shutoff with the ignition? Currently it stays on constantly which quickly overwrites previous footage. The timer is set to 1 min.

Thanks for the help guys!

BEric2000 said:
I just received a GS1000 and after reading on here, I discovered that I have an old blue menu type, but after trying it out, the video isn't too bad and I'm pretty happy overall. I do have a couple questions that I can't seem to figure out.

How do I change the speed from km/h to mph?

I know that it is receiving gps signal because the speed works, but it doesn't seem to create a driving/gps track. The gps setting is turned on, but...?

The disc that came with the camers to install the viewer program... the program won't run for some reason. Does anyone know of a suitable alternative program that will allow me to both view my footage and see the gps track at the same time?

Another question... how do I set it to auto-shutoff with the ignition? Currently it stays on constantly which quickly overwrites previous footage. The timer is set to 1 min.

Thanks for the help guys!

Hi BEric2000,

Unfortunately there is no way to change the km/h to mph.

Not sure why it is not creating a GPS track. For the viewer program, you can download this GS5000 software. Otherwise, another good software tool is Registrator Viewer.

For auto-shut off, does your car continue to power the cigarette lighter when ignition is turned off?

Dash Cam Man

Thanks for the tips. Yes, my cigarette plug/power port both supply constant power. I may just wire it to an ignition positive wire. I messed with it tonight and when I unplugged the power, it shut off within a minute.

I think what I may do is put this camera on my rear window and purchase a better version for my front. I live in Alaska where the roads are slick for a good chunk of the year and having decent coverage might just save me money when it comes to an insurance claim.

Thanks again

BEric2000 said:
Thanks for the tips. Yes, my cigarette plug/power port both supply constant power. I may just wire it to an ignition positive wire. I messed with it tonight and when I unplugged the power, it shut off within a minute.

I think what I may do is put this camera on my rear window and purchase a better version for my front. I live in Alaska where the roads are slick for a good chunk of the year and having decent coverage might just save me money when it comes to an insurance claim.

Thanks again

Hi BEric2000,

I agree. You will need to wire it to an ignition positive wire. Good luck with the camera.

Dash Cam Man

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
andrew73 GSXXXX 8