Eaglo e10 vs Street gaurdia sg9663dcpro

Peter123

Reaction score
Country
United States
What one is better. Is the plastic on one more heat resistant than the other. What about ability to replace the supper caps between the two if they ever go bad.

I haven't even heard of that Egalo camera, but i am 100 % sure their customer support and care are no where near what SG do.
Capacitors are extremely rare they need replacement, unlike batteries that will go sour sooner or later.
Plastics can be a issue, but as far as i have seen not that often, but you can melt a camera, even the best ones, if say you use one of those sun shields that go up on the inside of the windscreen, that in essence create a oven like environment between the sun shield and the windscreen, and in that case you will at least see buttons melt / deform on a dashcam stuck between the windscreen and the sun shield..
But regular exposure to sun / warn car cabin when parked in the sun are rarely a problem for the dashcams unless you attempt to also use parking guard at the same time. But for just sitting there when parked and recording when driving most dashcams should be good.
Though you can be unlucky and see heat related focus shift, which some times restore itself as the camera cool down, or remain out of focus in which case you have to take it apart and refocus the lens.

Back