Early Battery Warning Signs

eaglezz11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
BlueSkySea B1W
Hi guys,

I thought I'd make this post to help others who don't want to end up in my situation.

When I hardwired my dash cam, it wouldn't even turn on unless I changed the switch to 12.0V on the hardwire kit. At the time, I figured this was just because my car had been parked for a while.

Often when I got in the car, the dash cam had the issue with a solid green light, which I fixed by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

When winter arrived and I was constantly using my headlights, the dash cam often wouldn't turn on when I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I had to change the voltage cutoff to 11.8V, but even that only helped a little.

Then one morning, my car refused to start... Yep, dead cell in my battery.

When I put my new battery in, I found that the dash cam didn't have any problems working at 12.4V cutoff.

If you have to lower the voltage cutoff of your hardwire kit significantly, and have issues with the constant green light on your B1W, consider investing in a new car battery and possibly even carrying it in the boot of your car in case the current one does give out on you.

It's nice at least to know that your B1W has your back :)

Back