Easy fuse-tap connector + splitter

Wonder why I have never seen these before. They can come in handy for some of my other little projects. Neat and clean looking.

Has anyone used these or a variation?
Those look good to me, as long as the cables are not going to get pulled about. Use a tie wrap to secure the cables, or to clamp them together so they don't get individually pulled.

The OP ones, I used some similar not long ago but with solder joints, not a good experience, all the screw threads twist the cables up when you tighten them, and then despite being water resistant they filled up with water and electrolyzed the connections. They also take up a fair amount of space.

Those look good to me, as long as the cables are not going to get pulled about. Use a tie wrap to secure the cables, or to clamp them together so they don't get individually pulled.

And a zip tie over the clamps.

I'll try the 3 way, plan on using the same ACC and BATT fuse locations for the VPP and the A129 3 wire kit.

And a zip tie over the clamps.

I'll try the 3 way, plan on using the same ACC and BATT fuse locations for the VPP and the A129 3 wire kit.
The clamps will probably lock into place and be hard to undo so no point in a zip tie.
The important thing with clamp connectors is to use the correct gauge wire for the connector, or the correct connector for the wire gauge, otherwise they either don't latch down or they chop through the cable!

The clamps will probably lock into place and be hard to undo so no point in a zip tie.
The important thing with clamp connectors is to use the correct gauge wire for the connector, or the correct connector for the wire gauge, otherwise they either don't latch down or they chop through the cable!

The 3 way looks to be good for 24-12 AWG, don't think this clamps down like a Scotch Lock.

VPP's wires are super thin, will check before ordering.

These are sort of like the ones I used for the male connector. Mine have a screw to clamp the wire.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...36a2-4857-b7f0-0af0e33f2b66&priceBeautifyAB=0

I normally use the solder ones like these.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...36a2-4857-b7f0-0af0e33f2b66&priceBeautifyAB=0

But these are all just two wire.

Saw both while looking on AE after coming across your post but then the plan changed to wire more than one device to a single fuse-tap.

Received the WAGO connectors

wago2.png

Tried it with a 26 AWG wire. Clamps down nicely, wire doesn't budge or slip with light to medium tugs.

wago3.png

Pull test

wago1.png

Definitely using these once I get the 3 wire kit. Will tin the wires.

Last edited:
Received the WAGO connectors
Definitely using these once I get the 3 wire kit. Will tin the wires.
I think tinning the wires will be a mistake, I also think you are not supposed to twist them tight like that, just leave the strands loose so that when clamped they all lie side by side under the clamp giving a big contact area so that it can grip well and also transfer the power well. Maybe a single twist so that it is easy to insert. I've not seen any instructions for doing this, but your first image appears to show bare untwisted strands.

I'll try it both ways, let's see.

Back