ebay dashcam suspicious

Terrorista310

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
hello, i just want your opinion on this dashcam, it looks fake to me but on not so low price, https://www.ebay.com/itm/272991196104 , i really doubt its 1080p and 170º angle, what is your opinion?

i message the seller and he replied me this:
New message from: kkwvfp
Dear ,it is Unbranded/Generic .
If any more concerns, please just message me here.
All the best.

Which means even they don't know.

$23 is cheap but I'd still like to know what's inside.

For that price, I wouldn't buy it. to be fair there's no mention of complaints in the negative feedback. Despite the listing info being "private", it's all for items not received or very slow delivery, not quality related

either way if you genuinely wanna buy a dashcam you can rely on, spend more money, get a known brand, from a known retailer
(buy cheap - buy twice)

Ill+buy+that+for+a+dollar+_6dc66710d8e0d8639e8f5165836c0485.jpg

It is bound to end in tears (n)

if its fake why ebay lets sellers sell fake items? 165 sells already. shame. shame. shame.

There be many this style ...
I saw one the other day as being 720 ... ( Might be a real 720 ? )

Product feedback says 2 stars out of 5 from 4 reviewers. Only 20% would recommend. That alone would be enough to keep my wallet in my pocket, even at that price.

I remember many moons ago that some Guy was selling items, that long ago I can't even remember what they were or how much they were selling for .... anyway(s)
the items appeared a little too cheap for what they were - and weren't selling cause peeps thought there must be something wrong with them.

The fix - he put the price up and they sold. Go figure :sneaky: So ... just cause stuff is selling super cheap ... it may be a gem in disguise, and simply a steal ? ;)

I think you should buy it. I'm curious to see how the camera turns out if it does show up :LOL:

Product feedback says 2 stars out of 5 from 4 reviewers. Only 20% would recommend.

Hmm? Not a glowing report, that. You'd at least expect a rave review followed by another 2 weeks or so later saying something like 'Great while it lasted' :ROFLMAO:

I like cheap cams but this one pops up alnost every "Do Not Touch!" flag I've got :eek: You don't get what you don't pay for- at this price it can only be barely usable at best :(
And as noted already, there's a lot of junk in this form-factor out there so that's what this one probably is too.

Phil

the dashcam arrived today, the brand is 168cardvr and the model is FC106
uQulGFf.jpg

there is this option "device keying chirps" that i dont know what it does
A2z310x.jpg
wplradc.jpg
5Yvorie.jpg

vlc codes specs says 720p at 30fps and its 150º not 170º as advertised
wP1v3AI.jpg

i know it records on loop, but the video can only records max 3 mins, pain in the ass for long trips that not trigger the sensor.
vbbZwWc.jpg

www.imgur.com/a/5LYGq

Yup, 720P as expected, but that can still be useful as long as you don't need great image details. I've come to prefer 1-3 minute clips over the 3-5 minutes I used to like. Makes for smaller saved files on the PC and easier to find specific events too. Waiting for some road vids when you get them :)

Phil

"device keying chirps" probably means beeping when you push buttons.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Best way to find out if you've got a decent buy is to road-test it for a short while. See if it does everything it's supposed to, comin on when it's meant to, going off when it's meant to, saving event files (if it has that feature).

The worst thing you could want is to be driving a 15 minute simple journey only to find 12 minutes of it doesn't exist on the cam, or that even file you saved as a crash witness disappeared! (I had that with my last cheap cam)

Back