ebay dashcam suspicious

"device keying chirps" probably means beeping when you push buttons.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
it isnt that, and it never made a sound (no speaker?)

test footage is here:

Last edited:
Not great but seen worse. It clearly struggles with areas of high contrast. At least you can see the plates of vehicles directly ahead which means in all probability it will do it's job in a crash namely capture the oncoming / front side coming vehicle with plate prior to a collision.

Pretty good for a cheap 720P cam, but does seem to 'wash out' in brighter lighting. You might try adjusting the exposure value down a notch and see if that improves it ;)

If it's reliable and lasts awhile I'd say you got your money's worth :cool: Plenty of cheap cams aren't even this decent.

Phil

It really isn't bad for the price, I would say it's "as expected"... but as I mentioned previously its the long term reliability that you should worry about. Once it's a few weeks old and been switched on and off a few times, whether it continues recording as you need it to, not missing files all over the place

it isnt that, and it never made a sound (no speaker?)

test footage is here:
You need to point it down more, there is to much sky, that's probably what's causing the over exposure. If it can keep working for a year, not a bad buy.

Need to adjust its lens direction,and point it a little down!

cant see nothing at night, real ****ty dash, none of the fetures the seller announce are real, omg

For the price it may prove useful at the times when it works well or as a spare cam. It is better than having nothing :rolleyes: Or the refund could be added to allowing the purchase of a decent cam Instead :cool:

I have a crappy G1W clone with similar performance for a spare, and for borrowed/rented car use. I got my $21 use out of it already so whatever is left is a bonus :)

Phil

I think even the clone G1W's aren't that bad.. I bought 2 G1Ws off a guy on ebay sayin they were from his father's shop, both came in identical packaging but one was plain and the other branded as "Monkon", the latter being a genuine G1W-c and the former being a fake, they cost me £11 each, I sold the clone for £30... then subsequently broke the real one with my fat fingers!

I wish I'd not broke it, I preferred it over the G1W-s!

day test:

night test:

ebay products are 99% fake and sellers lie, last time i make a buy there.

last time I make a buy there.

To be fair, you paid a very low price and the cam is well within "reasonable".. if it lasts a long time it's not a bad price, but still, it's not what the seller promised

Back