ebay: rebranding, or counterfeits?

Dale Mahalko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am aware of the counterfeit product problem in China. Fly-by-night electronics companies reverse engineering someone else's product, copying the firmware, etc, then producing cheap(er) copies, substituting low quality or undersize parts, or deleting things like heatsinks, or completely substituting different inner electronics, to try to undercut the original manufacturer.

But I am also aware that some Chinese products are specifically intended to be "rebranded" and resold under someone else's name as if it were their own. This is commonly done by security system installers, that want customers to only use "their" exclusive brand, to promote "customer lock-in" and forcing customers to only get service through them.

So which of these am I looking at here? Rebrand or counterfeit?

gOi46lQ.png

gmTmJrX.png

LWpkpbs.png

They are all from the same factory. I see you posted this questions in the Innovv section. I don't think the images above are the Innovv one that @RockThinking has created a water resistant lens housing and enhanced the package for motorcycle use

FYI: The generic non Innovv K1S has some unstable long term firmware/hardware quirks so be prepared. The mic/audio is usually useless too. Check the Amazon 1,2 star reviews. We decided not to stock K1S after failed testing. If you get one to work, you're one of the lucky ones. Some really nice dual channel products are in development for 2016 by several companies. (Street Guardian) I think this will be the year dual channel is done right with remote lens.

Back