Editing front and rear dashcam

sparky27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Does anyone know how to edit front and rear dashcam clips and show as picture in picture? Would like to have main video as front view but with rear view shown in smaller window within frame.

Welcome to the forum sparky27

Any editing software can do that, at least that i am aware of.
I do not think it is a option within any software from nextbase.

Thanks Kamkar. I have since found a similar thread on here and it does seem to be the case that a 3rd party editing program will be needed. If anyone has achieved this would be good to know which software they used.

I have used pinnacle studio but i have now changed to power director, both of these are prosumer software's so can do a lot of fancy stuff.
Alternative you find resolve, you can DL their basic software are free and also comprehensive, and if you feel like taking on Hollywood you can add their hardware, but then you better be making good money or have hit the lotto big time.

Whatever you decide most editing software's have plenty of tutorials on youtube about how to do this and that with the software, so if you try out resolve just search for davinci resolve + picture in picture.

In my programs i just throw the respective camera feeds on 2 different tracks, the front one on the main track, then the rear on top of that, and then as i make the rear footage in a smaller window the front footage on the track behind it come into view.

Yeah you can view it, but i dont think you can output the footage to a pip video. ?

I have the SG bound version, and i dont think it get updated every time DV get a update.

Yeah you can view it, but i dont think you can output the footage to a pip video. ?

I have the SG bound version, and i dont think it get updated every time DV get a update.
You can export a PIP version as well but you have to replace the LGPL license version of FFMPEG with the GPL version (the procedure is in the FAQ section of the DCV documentation). That's for the non-SG version of DCV, I haven't tried with the SG version but suspect it will be the same.

https://youtu.be/FlYFqIbsceo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 522GW 1
B 522GW 5
5 522GW 3
Back