Editing software.

Stevesau

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC DR600GW custom FW by Alexsoll Innovv C1
I am using Registrator Viewer and find it great to edit and save clips. Do some put their clips through more than one editing suite to achieve a desired result. Curious to know what others use.

I use RV for the basic stuff but when I want to do a bit more (transitions, etc.) I use Video Pad from NCH ( http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html ). It's free for personal use, has quite a bit of functionality, and the learning curve isn't too difficult. Biggest shortcoming of the free version is you're limited as to what the output format can be.

How about syncing multiple ~3min clips together and eliminating the split second of repeated footage at the beginning of each clip? If not in Registration Viewer or DashCam Viewer Might there possibly a preset in Sony Vegas or something similar that can cut of the exact amount of time before each clip and make it a perfectly smooth video?

Also, are there any tips/tricks in Registration Viewer that are worth knowing? I will continue some research in the appropriate section but just wondering if anybody knows something off the top of their head.

How about syncing multiple ~3min clips together and eliminating the split second of repeated footage at the beginning of each clip?....
I do this in RV as it's a one-time configuration setting.

When I want to do more than just clip a segment out of video (where the segment spans 2 physical files) I do it in RV so the overlap is taken care of then do any further editing in my software of choice.

I think I figured it out, Ctrl+J and then 1050MS....

Back