Edward Sullivan the trash from road rage dashcam

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
I have been looking for ages to find some detail on this piece of trash; Edward Sullivan who was the offender in the World Famous Dashcam Footage taken in Dec 2012.

Has anyone been able to dig up any info? I'm keen to know what the sentence was...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure, they did a follow up when he was charged but not aware of anything since, still pending maybe???

Here is the follow up i found.

I think I found him again!!! Skip to the :51 minute mark lol....

Yeah his hearing was moved to beginning of Feb and no sentence has been provided by the media.

Does anyone else have the feeling that the video does not tell us everything we need to know? Sure, if the video is real, then the perp needs some serious punishment, but to me, some things just dont click:
1. The victim said he was "out for a drive". Really? South Logan City is not exactly known for it's natural beauty. I would say that the only people who would choose to drive there would be residents, and people with a good reason to go there.
2. What happened before the published video started? A driver, and his female passenger went absolutely ape-****. There must have been some reason, however small.
3. Is there any previous history between the perp and the ex-cop...or cop?
4. The case went to court on Feb 4, and nothing more seems to have happened. Maybe the police know something we dont?
5. The perp has (apparently) only been charged with dangerous drving. I would have thought there would have been other, more serious caharges. Maybe the police know something we dont.
6. The dash cam seems to a very high quality unit. Why?
7. The perp said the tape was a fake. This is often a valid defence against video evidence. Does the perp strike you as the sort of intelligent person who would be aware of this defence? Not me. I would say the only reason he claimed it was a fake, was either because it was a fake, or someone intelligent told him to say it!

Either way, does anyone know any more about this incident? Is anyone following the case, to report back later?

Ta, Mikey

Hey mate

I contacted a cop in Brisbane and asked with no response, I don't doubt that the video is real and the driver is in fact Edward Sullivan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

In Russia this kind of road rage hapends nearly every day. Its become "normal" there.

this finally went to court last week, got off a bit light all things considered

Sullivan was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and willful damage.

Sullivan was sentenced to two years' probation and six months' licence suspension.

The court also ordered Sullivan to pay more than $17,000 restitution for the damage he caused.

Back