Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 + AR0330 + GPS (WiFi?)

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
For long time Eeyelog was promising to start selling they new EHD60
Now its out at Foxoffer 161.90usd

EHD600 model does not yet have a WiFI, but If look closely to the bracket design, it says WiFi / GPS, so I assume soon they have plan to ad a WiFi as well ?

Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Video Recorder
Main Features:
140°Wide angle lens (Enable drivers have wide vision angle)
1920x1080p ,30fps high definition video resolution
digital zoom 8 x
MOV,H 264
2.7" LCD
High-end Ambarella A5S30 chipset +Newest Aptina AR0330 sensor
Super Night Vision Performance (With the newest high sensitivity Aptina AR0330 CMOS sensor,car dvr is low light,high sensitivity at night,could record night video very clearly)
Motion Detection (when anthing moves in front of car dvr,it would start to record)
G sensor (when car crashes,car dvr would save the event video as undelteable video files)
GPS module (plug in/pull out) ,and the GPS player is built-in the firmware
when DVR connect the computer with USB cable,the GPS player would be automatically copied into the computer,when you open video with our player,you can see the G-sensor,google map,driving speed,etc information.
Loose Recording (when open loose recording,car dvr would save each 3/5/10minutes video in section,when card is full,it would automatically overwrite the old files one by one
Auto Recording(when car starts,car dvr would automatically start to record)
Section Recording(When close loose recording,car dvr could record as a camera and users could choose the record time accoding to their need)
Swivel small bracket,could adjust the view angle from upside to downside,downside to upside,left side to right side,right side to left side,and in the bottom of bracket,it has a fixed plate with 3M sticker to pull in/out the DVR freely)
Screen saver function ( When there is no operation,car dvr would screen off in choosen time,so as to save power)
car plate number stamp,time/date stamp, speed stamp ( When stamp on,in the video,it would have waterprint of car plate number and time/date)
Specification:
Product Size: 110mmx55.7mmx31.4mm
Sensor: 3.2 Mega pixels CMOS sensor AR0330
Lens: Fix Focus Lens(140 degree)
Video Image Resolution:Full HD:1920×1080 P30 /
720P60:1280x720 P60/720P30:1280x720 P30 /
VGA: 640x480 P30
File format: Video: MOV .H264
Built-in Memory: 32MB Nand Flash
GPS: Support
motion detection: Support
Cycle-record: Support
Microphone: Support
Speaker: Support
G-sensor: Support
Language: English/Chinese simplified/Chinese traditional/Russian/Korean/Japanese
LCD: 2.7inch 16:9 960x240
Chipsets: Amberalla A5S30
Image Playback:Single , Thumbnail
Time/Date stamp:Support
ISO: Auto
White balance: Auto
Scene: Auto
Exposure Compensation: Auto
Shutter Speed: 1/2~1/4000s
USB Port: USB 2.0 high Speed
TV-out type: CVBS
HDMI or YPbPr out: HDMI
Power source: 450mAH Lithium battery
External memory card: TF card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC)
Battery life: Video recording @1080p≥20 Mins; Take photos@3M ≥100 (Under CIPA Criteria)
Bracket/Holder/Mount: Rotation and remove

Attachments

• Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_1.jpg
    Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 974
  • Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_2.jpg
    Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 974
  • Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_3.jpg
    Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 973
  • Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_LRG.jpg
    Eeyelog EHD60 Ambarella A5S30 Full HD Car Dash_LRG.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 973
niko said:
EHD600 model does not yet have a WiFI, but If look closely to the bracket design, it says WiFi / GPS, so I assume soon they have plan to ad a WiFi as well ?

it's one or the other, not both, don't think you'll see both until the do an A7 model, if at all, I know they were't keen on doing a WiFi version as they haven't found a market for it, no orders = no need

Specs seem good so does the all black look. Can't wait to get some feedback from early adopters to see if there are any quirks.

Gurkha9 said:
Specs seem good so does the all black look. Can't wait to get some feedback from early adopters to see if there are any quirks.

yes the finish is quite nice, I had a look at this model in April, not sure if this pic shows it or the model is ready but they had a nice screw on CPL filter on the one I looked at

With HDW001 they had option to have only gps or only wifi, but not both together mainly because they did not solve issue of interference beyween gps and wifi modules being too close. Lets see how they will overcome this issue with a new model, but jokiin pointed out correctly: its one or another. Its just confusing that mount bracket has both words "wifi/gps" For now ehd60 specs looks identical to hdw001 series. They just changed an outside look ( body / case ) and battery: 470mah vs 500mah.

According to this info

http://www.carcam.ru/news/ID_26.html

there are some minor differences:

Karkam QS3 ( ehd60 ) different from QL3 NEO ( hdw001 ) housing having additional ventilation holes, closed with decorative grilles and large rubber buttons, as well as high-brightness LED backlight with LEDs

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, it only support GPS logger, WiFi feature is not available for EHD60 and EHD63.

billknow said:
Now, it only support GPS logger, WiFi feature is not available for EHD60 and EHD63.

According to this Russian reseller it can support WiFi module :

http://translate.google.com/translate?d ... _qs3/0-250

" ... With the release of new firmware Karkam QS3, will add support for modules Wi-Fi. This will connect your recorder with most mobile devices running the operating system Android and iOS ".

niko said:
billknow said:

" ... With the release of new firmware Karkam QS3, will add support for modules Wi-Fi. This will connect your recorder with most mobile devices running the operating system Android and iOS ".

I suspect that might mean that you'll be unplugging the GPS module and plugging in a WiFi module, I don't think that's an indicator that both will be working at the same time though, just that module support will be added

jokiin said:
niko said:
billknow said:

I suspect that might mean that you'll be unplugging the GPS module and plugging in a WiFi module, I don't think that's an indicator that both will be working at the same time though, just that module support will be added

From non-Google direct russian translation I also understand that there will be option of two brackets: one with GPS module other with WiFi, so buyer will chose himself what he need, or buy both and use wifi or gps when he need it.

niko said:
From non-Google direct russian translation I also understand that there will be option of two brackets: one with GPS module other with WiFi, so buyer will chose himself what he need, or buy both and use wifi or gps when he need it.

yeah I suspect you are right, they are just adding support for the WiFi, doesn't mean that they can get WiFi and GPS working at the same time, you'll need to see an A7 version for that

jokiin said:
niko said:

yeah I suspect you are right, they are just adding support for the WiFi, doesn't mean that they can get WiFi and GPS working at the same time, you'll need to see an A7 version for that

I guess easiest solution for this model would be WiFi built into the mount bracket and adding external GPS antenna via 3.5 / 2.5mm jack ?

niko said:
I guess easiest solution for this model would be WiFi built into the mount bracket and adding external GPS antenna via 3.5 / 2.5mm jack ?

there's no native support for both in the A5 chipset like there is with the A7, I wouldn't say it's impossible but I don't know that they could do it, doing the next model as an A7 version would be far easier and would make more commercial sense

beside the technical limitation there's actually not much call for a WiFi version at the moment

jokiin said:
niko said:

there's no native support for both in the A5 chipset like there is with the A7, I wouldn't say it's impossible but I don't know that they could do it, doing the next model as an A7 version would be far easier and would make more commercial sense

beside the technical limitation there's actually not much call for a WiFi version at the moment

About technical possibilities of A5 you know more then anybody on this forum ;) , so let's wait new solutions based on A7.

The only available for buy A7 I know is V5000GS, but that model form factor is not user friendly and many other components / specs could be better. Just having good CPU is not enough.
Another A7 based dash cam I was quoting 1 month ago from manufacturer is this one:

http://transfluent.en.alibaba.com/produ ... &edm_ver=e

Wholesale buyer can chose what CPU and options they will build in.

Sales points 2:
Ambarella A7
1.New 1080p@30fps GPS Vehicle dvr
2.Full HD, H.264, 1.5 inch screen
3.Wide View Angel,120degree
4.GPS,cycle recording
5.1080P@60fps(optional)
6.Speed camera detector(optional)

Russian TredVision has ordered A5 CPU GPS + WiFi ( I guess from same manufacturer ) and will be available soon:

http://trendvision.su/catalog/qx3_wifi/

I guess after TrendVision QX3 model they will add into catalogue also same dash cam on A7, but it's strange that QX3 with A5S30 can support WiFi + GPS at a time ( at least they advertise it like this )

Specs on QX3 seems to be very good:
Option of using polarized lens filter, F1.6, 7G glass lens, 11-12Mbps is good, but best would be 15-15Mbps like on TioTech GT300W or Dod LS300w.

Also the well known "DOD brother" on the Russian market "Karkam" has also announced exactly the same QX3 series: QX3 neo and QX3 Pro

http://www.carcam.ru/carcam_qx3_neo.html

http://www.carcam.ru/carcam_qx3_pro.html

http://videoregforum.ru/threads/videore ... 3-neo.687/

The only difference from TrendVision QX3 is F1.6 on TrendVision vs F1.8 on Karkam.

Also I assume that KarKam QX3 Neo is on A5, but QX3 Pro might have A7 ... ?

Anyway, it is early to say about QX3 what it can and what can not do. Specs are only on the paper. Need to wait and see after it will be released on sale.

As you say specs are only on paper, it's a lot easier to write about something than it is to deliver

You seem to have had a wide range of cams and follow the market closely, is this something you do for business or just an enthusiast?

Hello,

what does that mean exactly: GPS module (plug in/pull out) ,and the GPS player is built-in the firmware

Cam is a working GPS module in it? For other cam with built-in GPS that is in fact not mentioned in this cam.

Sorry I have to leave everything in German with Google translate, and do not understand it properly.

Greeting, Maulhofer

jokiin said:
As you say specs are only on paper, it's a lot easier to write about something than it is to deliver

You seem to have had a wide range of cams and follow the market closely, is this something you do for business or just an enthusiast?

Thanks. For many years car audio-video electronics enthusiast and for the past 2 years I am inside that dash cameras "roller-coaster" ( buying new model, testing, ... then something new coming out, again buying, testing, then again and again ... non-stop in search of perfection which will never come :) ) , so I consider myself an enthusiast, becasue I do not have any special electronics engineering degree and my main "knowledge" comes hard way, from my own pocket :( , like knowledge of most people who try to share they experiences on forums . Also I am following for a long time different countries forums, mainly Russia. They are mostly discussing Chinese dash cams, but lately more and more discovering Taiwan and Korean dash cams.

If you dont mind, I will PM you time to time with specific questions regarding new technology and ideas that can be discussed later on the forum.

niko said:
If you dont mind, I will PM you time to time with specific questions regarding new technology and ideas that can be discussed later on the forum.

given you've had so many different cams and are an enthusiast I'd be very interested in your thoughts and feedback, what features you feel are missing, maybe what features you've come across that are really worthwhile etc, I'm always interested in developing our firmware, I've had ideas that have come directly from feedback here that we've implemented, features I've found in other cams etc and some of the stuff we have roadmapped for future models is a direct result from interacting here, even if it's not something we can't do now it might be something we can add in a future model so I'm always keen for feedback

Back