Effective range wifi BlackVue DR500GW HD

Zonnepaneeltjes.nl

Reaction score
Hey dashcam lovers,

i am looking to buy this dashcam with wifi option so i can check live if somethings up with my car and download the videoclips from the comfort of my own home. The technical stats describe a wifi range of 10 meters or 32 feet, exactly what i need. Usualy the technical stats are well tlets say somehwat optimistic also i like to view the wifi vfeed from behind the window.

how far are you with your BlackVue DR500GW HD able to download videoclips and view the live feed?

There was another thread on this just yesterday, you asked this q there already? I struggle to get 3m, going through one gyprock(plaster board) wall. But perhaps the vwgolf has good rf suppression, it does suggest if you need to get anything working such as those toll tags, to put them up on the dotted section at the top of the screen which doesn't have any rf filtering in that section of glass (but the camera is up near there anyway!)

from user feedback I've seen 3m is up there with the best of them for this model, some people say 1m or 2m tops, the Itronics model is the only one I've seen mentioned that has really good wifi range (look at the thread by Mtz) but it is only a 720p camera

tonymy01 said:
There was another thread on this just yesterday, you asked this q there already?
It was off topic for that thread. It is entirely appropriate that Zonnepaneeltjes start a new thread on the subject.
I have read where some people have had to sit in their car to use wi-fi. I've had two cameras now. Both have lived up to to Pittasofts claims. I can sit in my office. My car is 30 feet away line-of-sight through a glass door and security screen. On vacation in had line-of-sight from my balcony to the parking lot easy 50+ feet. I never expected the wi-fi to work like TV. More like bad connection YouTube. I'm not disappointed.

Back