Egen Cellink NEO 9 Dash Cam Battery Pack

SNIPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BLACKVUE 900X 2 CHANNEL
Hello folks I just purchased the Cellink NEO 9 Dash Cam Battery backup to use with my Black Vue 900X camera.

Problem is do I use a constant 12V power supply from the cars fuse box and then connect the green cable from the cellink 12V into the switched 12V on the cars fuse box, I take it doing it that way the cellink will only receive power when the car engine is running and not keep charging the Cellink when the car is switched off as I have got not one clue can anyone confirm if this is correct or have I got it totally wrong as I assumed I would connect only to the 12V switched on the cars fuse box but now this new information has me baffled.

It is hard to get information on this as I have read a few posts and I seem to get conflicting information. Finally I take it I only use the ground and yellow wires to the blackvue via 12V female cigarette adapter then connect the blackvue male cigarette connector into 12V female...

Thank you to all who reply, thank you for your help.

You can connect your cellink NEO9 in two ways:

1) main power cables go directly to your car battery (via 40Fuse) so the Cellink receives power at all times, but will not start charge itself until a single green cable from the output will receive +12V ACC signal.
2) both wires (Power and single green wire) are connected to the +12V ACC (switched power), you can hook up wires via piggyback fuse to fuse box.

Both methods are fine and both methods work without any risk of damage to the Cellink battery itself, but it better is to connect power to a constant power source because even if the cellink is fully discharged, you can still use APP and Bluetooth to check car voltage (even if ACC is off).

Thank you for your informative reply I really do appreciate the help you are giving me as without your help I would be totally lost as I would hate to connect this backup battery to the car’s fuse box and find I have drained my cars batter because I connected to the 12V constant fuse. So, to recap and I want to be crystal clear I can connect the backup battery ACC to the car's constant power fuse meaning receiving power all the time its only when I connect the battery backup (ACC IN) green cable, to the switched 12V fuse and turn the engine on only then will the battery backup take power and start charging, and then when the engine is switched off it won’t take power for the battery have, I got that correct?

Doing it that way it won’t drain my cars battery and leave me stuck somewhere, just don’t want to be totally stupid so please can you confirm. What would be the minimum fuse to connect to I have the motorised car seat it has a 12V constant 20A or the car windows bt then they are switched so I would have to find a higher rated amperage constant fuse or would 20A suffice and I take it I then insert a 10A for the backup battery.

I will look forward to your reply Thank you really appreciate the help just sorry for being such a numpty about this or should I say ignorance.

Well I've never quite figured out how the Neo 9 charges either :LOL:

There is a diagram here:

Also every website I read different charging amps 9A, 12A, 15A - Official manual here says use a 10A fuse though!

Also notice it says "12A (High) - Charge using the ACC power supply", yet the ACC IN is a tiny green wire, so I guess it pulls the power from the B+ connection anyway?

Hello

Yes, I dare say it does pull from the B+ connection as that 12V in is a trigger wire to 12V switched so I assume my theory is correct if you connect the B+ to a 12V constant and the 12V in to a switched 12V fuse tap then the battery backup will only charge once the cars ignition is switched on. Can anyone be good enough to clarify.

Thank you for sending links to the Neo 9 manual but is as clear as mud as it is all in Korean or Mandarin whatever it is I can’t decipher it, but that picture pictorial was as clear as crystal.

Desperate they sell these items and it is like a guessing game suppose they don’t want a lot of cases arising in court to burnt out cars as if they give advice on install then they become liable and if you fit it yourself then you have no one to blame but yourself, funny that analogy but very true.

Do you have the Neo 9 and if so how many years do you have it.

they only charge when the car is running and will pass through power to the camera while charging, once you turn the car off the camera is then being powered by the battery

So, my explanation is correct suppose I could wire this up the black magic pro then I can turn the camera off when the car is parked up at home in the garage as it won’t be needed.

Basically, yes and that way I can completely turn the black Vue off when the car is parked up at home no point depleting the battery needlessly when it won’t be in use, I will have to work out that set up but doable, and a handy feature as you cannot turn the battery off in the app which is something you would have imagined would be possible. Oh, wait I forgot the 900X has the voltage function built into the camera itself without the need for the black magic pro.

Oh, wait I forgot the 900X has the voltage function built into the camera itself without the need for the black magic pro.
that becomes redundant anyway, as does the voltage cutoff in the power magic pro, a bit of an unknown though is how the camera will handle parking mode, you may have to stick with using the cig power lead and rely on software to change modes rather than the method used when connected with the 3 wire power cable if you want to put the power magic pro in there as well

After 10 minutes of not moving the parking mode kicks in anyway thats how it has always been concernig the Blackvue dash cams.

I just received my neo 9 in the post and it looks to be a fantastic unit and it says in the instructions you can either wire to the cars fuse box ACC POWER or FUSEBOX CONTINUOUS POWER. If that is correct then assuming I use the continuous fuse does that mean the NEO 9 will be charged irrespective if the car ignition is on engine running or off engine stopped, surely that would flatten the cars battery oh no, I have asked this question hoping someone with experience can answer and as yet I have been unable to receive a definitive answer. I have sent an e mail to EGENS themselves whether they answer will remain to be seen Suppose if harty comes to harty, I can try tapping into a constant 12V fuse and see if the NEO 9 charges irrespective if the engine is running or not looks like this is the only way to know for sure. Thank you all for your replies.

Last edited:
look below:
Installing Cellink is the most simple task ever...
really, there is no mistake which you can make.

ACC green wire must be connected to the switched power, main power cables to the constant +12V, and the job is done.
Or
Acc and +12V (main power wire) can be connected together to the car ACC Switched ... still that's fine as long as this fuse (in the fuse box) can handle 15A or more.

Attachments

• 20210423_213843.jpg
    20210423_213843.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 50
  • cellink_pro_qty.jpg
    cellink_pro_qty.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 46
  • neo9-show.jpg
    neo9-show.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hello Pizdys.

Thank you for the reply, yes, I ended up tapping into a motorised 25Amp car seat constant then tapping into a 10Amp switched trigger for the ACC IN green wire.

My only concern was doing it this way would the backup battery be getting constant power whether the engine was running or not thankfully it does not only when the engine would be running so it is all hooked up I placed my backup battery in the boot of the car rather than under the driver or passenger seat this way it is out of the way and can come to no harm with passengers feet hitting off the backup battery.

It’s a pity they don’t make the output wiring harness any longer as I had to lengthen quite a bit to go round the contours of the car under the side door trim to under the back car seat into, the boot compartment.

I just hope this backup battery gives no problems and wont need replacing for many years.

Thank you all for replying really appreciate the help.

Basically, yes and that way I can completely turn the black Vue off when the car is parked up at home no point depleting the battery needlessly when it won’t be in use, I will have to work out that set up but doable, and a handy feature as you cannot turn the battery off in the app which is something you would have imagined would be possible. Oh, wait I forgot the 900X has the voltage function built into the camera itself without the need for the black magic pro.

What did you end up doing for this? Do you just switch off the cellink on the unit itself? Some cameras have power buttons but I am not sure about the latest blackvues

hi everyone
Is there any way to charge the cellink neo 9 at home through a wall adaptor?

thank you for replay,, I tried similar product but still didn't work, I'm going to try 20mah and see... but any other ideas??
thanks everyone

thank you for replay,, I tried similar product but still didn't work, I'm going to try 20mah and see... but any other ideas??
thanks everyone
I've charged my Neo 6 with this adapter perfectly fine,just for test purposes.I bought it if someday I forget to stop the camera when parked in home garage and Neo gets drained overnight.

Back