Eken H9 Action Cam from GearBest.com

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Gearbest was kind enough to send me an Eken H9 for use and review.
DSCF0082a.jpg

(from the gearbest website)

EKEN H9 Ultra HD 4K WiFi action camera
Adopting Sunplus 6330M OV4689 chipset
2 inches LCD screen display, 320 x 240 pixel resolution
Comes with a waterproof case, up to 30m waterproof
Video resolution: 4K at 10fps, 2.7K at 15fps, 1080p at 60 / 30fps, 720p at 120 / 60fps
170 degree wide view angle
Rechargeable 1050mAh lithium battery
Supporting Micro SD / TF card up to 64 GB (not included in the package)
Built-in WiFi for full camera control, live preview, photo playback and sharing of select content
Connect to the Ez iCam App (4K and 2.7K not supported)
For Apple iOS: iPhone 5 / 5S / 6 / 6 Plus (iOS 8), iPad Air and Mini (iOS 8)
For Android: Android 4X Quad-core devices
WiFi protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
Supporting burst photo, taking 3 photos in 1.5 seconds
Time lapse mode, capturing a series of photos at 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 second intervals
Ideal for outdoor sports as cycling, diving, surfing, etc.

201509111657567875.jpg

Lots of stuff in the box! Lots of mounting options. I popped the standard tripod adapter on, since I have a lot of mounts with this thread.
Today I had some errands to run, so stuck the H9 up in the windshield.

I haven't played with the camera, much, but did try the wifi app which lets you view what your camera sees, and control the cam via an android phone. I actually got it to work.
:)

I start vacation in a few days, and have a trip planned, so will have time to use the H9 in various conditions.

Last edited:
Any 4k sample?

Not nice weather today. Here's a short sample. Not sure what Youtube does with 4k video?

(Video deleted,not 4k. Corrected a few posts later)

Last edited:
Not nice weather today. Here's a short sample. Not sure what Youtube does with 4k video?

1080p is the highest available.
Maybe still processing.

My bad, used windows movie maker, and used the 1080p setting. Will try again.
Not used to having options above 1080p.

:)

Gabacho, yes, I get annoyed when I have too many sunny days, with scantily clad ladies prancing about in the warmth, with flowers everywhere....and butterflies......and.....scantily clad ladies...and......where was I?
:p

Last edited:

There we go. Not a mode I want to use often with my crappy internet.

I'm on vacation in Thailand and am trying to use the H9, but internet is pretty sparse where I am.
Will try to get some video up from the H9 in the next few days.

More dangerous animals, in exotic places.

Here's are short clips of 4k video, from the banks of the Mekong River, at Chiang Khan, Thailand.

The H9 is small enough, I stripped the various mount apparatus off of it, dropped it into my shirt pocket, and pulled it out for some impromptu video.

Fingers in the video are optional.

Last edited:
More exciting video of exotic creatures from Thailand!

The Eken H9 I was given is a pretty nice little cam. The video is pretty good.
I am having some trouble negotiating the settings sytem.
Night time video seems pretty bad.
Either the battery that came with the one I have is not so good, or the charge percentage shown on the screen is way off. A few times I have gone to used the what I thought was a 'charged' cam, and it was dead.
I'm not blaming the Eken at this point.
For the money, it does look like a nice little action cam to take on vacation. I have not tested the underwater housing yet.

Here's some video from the Ban Chiang world heritage site. Summary, they were digging an outhouse and started finding prehistoric artifacts, and I guess still find new (?) things.

People have been requesting video of some of the famous 'booty shaking' that goes on in parts of Thailand, so here we go.
Lap dances are cheap, but must not be very good since I don't think they have repeat customers.

Nice videos but 10 fps doesn't have the smoothness.

I would've bought an Eken, but as I was just stating in another forum, the 10fps framerate was a deal breaker for me. If they made this a usable framerate I would've given them money at that price point. Also not having a monitor on the back was a problem.

-Nate

I would've bought an Eken, but as I was just stating in another forum, the 10fps framerate was a deal breaker for me. If they made this a usable framerate I would've given them money at that price point. Also not having a monitor on the back was a problem.

-Nate
Eken focus on lower cost version, the price is good, but I don't think it is good for film maker.

Back