Elderly Wrong way driver on Ontario Freeway

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Video shot yesterday of a driver on the 401 (same highway as my BMW clip shot earlier in the week) in Kitchener

You tube video:

Story from Global news:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2615246/woman-filmed-driving-the-wrong-way-on-highway-401/

A woman was filmed driving the wrong way on Highway 401 near Kitchener on Saturday afternoon.

A couple in a vehicle driving on the opposite side of the highway filmed the car speeding down the westbound highway against traffic in snowy conditions.

A woman inside the vehicle is heard talking to police and reporting the incident.

“It looks like an elderly lady and she’s driving very fast in the right hand lane shoulder,” the woman can be heard saying to police.

Police stopped the driver without incident.

There were no reported injuries or damages.

Last edited:
The first time I saw that on a major highway in the US, it was an elderly couple in the car. The car passed me slowly enough I could see the old man driver with a death grip on the steering wheel, staring ahead with his teeth clenched.
The old lady in the front seat, I assume was his wife, was yapping away. Mouth going 100mph.

I was wondering if he actually knew what he was doing?
:)

The only time I saw it almost happen was with an elderly couple. We were exiting from an expressway, waiting for the light to turn green and this couple tried to make a right turn with myself and another car in the two lanes. They stared at us for about 10 seconds and then corrected themselves. If we were NOT waiting for the light, they too would have been headed the wrong way

What allways freak me out is ppl ( young and old / drunk/stoned or not ) keep going and going for miles. and when they do that it is my firm belief that they do not possess enuff intelligence for the task and should be banned from operating any motor vehicle for life.

Thank goodness we have no age limit for driving in USA. I want to have my turn to drive on the wrong way when I'm 92 years old o_O

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"

"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"

Yikes. In Michigan wrong way drivers on freeway usually ends badly.

My Grandpa was still driving up until about 6 months before he passed away at 91. The only major incident in the past decade was a deer kicked his car and broke the grille, deer was nowhere to be seen.

Yikes. In Michigan wrong way drivers on freeway usually ends badly.

My Grandpa was still driving up until about 6 months before he passed away at 91. The only major incident in the past decade was a deer kicked his car and broke the grille, deer was nowhere to be seen.
some people can do that. my wife's maternal grandmother bought herself a brand new rav-4 for her 90th birthday. she hadn't had any issues driving, so the family was ok with it. not everyone's facilities are in as good of shape when they get to that age though. when my paternal grandmother hit her mid 70s she decided to stop driving because she realized her reaction time wasn't there anymore, and neither was her vision, even after her cataract surgery. wish more people would be as sensible and admit that they aren't as capable as they once were. yes, i understand they don't want to be dependent on others, but we don't want you to kill or get killed out on the roads, either!

Senile or not, keeping on driving like that.

and-thats-bad-mkay.jpg

This was a daily occurrence in FL. The problem is that no politician will risk career suicide by even suggesting age or ability-related restrictions. To do so is to have the AARP mobilize, and no demographic votes more predictably than seniors.

Reminds me of a good joke tho... A 90 year old husband tells his wife he's going to pick up his medications at the Publix pharmacy. She acknowledges and he heads off. A few minutes later, she turns on the TV and hears a breaking-news report about a car driving the wrong direction on the highway, near where her husband was headed. Proactively, she calls him on his cell phone and say, "honey, make sure you stay off of US19 near Gulf-to-Bay... There's a car heading the wrong way!" To which he responds, "It's more than one car, they're ALL going the wrong way!!" Florida. God's waiting room.

Back