Element 2 impresions/samples

Dadi_T

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Vantrue E1, Viofo T130 3-channel, Vantrue E2, Viofo A119S.
I have received a Vantrue E2 sample dashcam for testing and i will share some thoughts and video footage with you.

I am not an unboxing fan and i know there are a lots of videos with this procedure if you need it.

Ok, 2 channel dashcam, 1440p front, 1440p back. Very good build quality, a little bigger than Element 1.
It has WDR, not HDR like E1 and 5 Ghz wifi connection with real faster speed downloads than E1. I can't help mysely to compare the Vantrue app with the @viofo app that i use with my T130.
The Vantrue app is much much better from all points of view. It took 10 minutes to navigate and download sample footage from both E1 and E2 and 30 minutes from T130.

Samples with standard settings: 1440p front/back, WDR On, EV 0

Night front camera video footage from youtube and original video footage through dropbox:

Night back camera

Some screenshots to compare with T130

Some interesting conclusions: front cameras looks quite similar in terms of details, maybe a little bit crisp clear on E2. Also the back camera looks better on E2( 1440pE2 vs 1080pT130) but only when are lights. In pitch dark places, the E2 back is way worse.

I will share some day footage later. Testing in progress...

Im glad the E2 have reached you Dadi

Some really impressive footage from parking mode. I have tested the E2 with my HK4 from Viofo and it is working very good.
1080p, 15 fps, 4,1 kbps

T130, in normal recording: 2k + 1080p, 30 fps, 28 kbps

Just outstanding!

Last edited:
Thanks! With my link i didn't find any details. I don't know why.

Does it switch to parking mode with the Viofo HW Kit automatically or how does it work?
Yes, it enters to parking mode after the power from the car is cutt off.
Also it enters to parking mode if you stay still with running engine for about 5 minutes? I don't know exactly, i didn't count. I think this feature it's using GPS movement. It will go back on normal recording when you start moving.

Last edited:
I just grabbed this, will throw it on my E2 in a while, needed a excuse to take a drive and break a bill to get more coin to put in my piggy bank.

Yes, it enters to parking mode after the power from the car is cutt off.
Also it enters to parking mode if you stay still with running engine for about 5 minutes? I don't know exactly, i didn't count. I think this feature it's using GPS movement. It will go back on normal recording when you start moving.
Thanks for the information.
I will give it a try.

Thanks for the information.
I will give it a try.
What i said is available for low bitrate parking mode, of course, 1080p 15 fps.
I didn't check the other options.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar E2 34
Vantrue Dash Cam E2 14
Back