emergency recording at end of video

roidayan

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I noticed emergency recording is setting current video as emergency so if my video length set to 1 minute then doesn't matter when in this 1 minute recording there is an emergency, it will finish the 1 minute and put the video in the emergency folder.
The issue is if the emergency happens in the 59s of this recording then this recording moves to emergency folder but the next video that has critical footage kept in the normal video folder.
I suggest that if the emergency is after the 50% (or user setting) of the video length (e.g. 30 seconds of 1 minute or 1.5 minutes of 3 minutes) then to copy also the next video as emergency (even maybe merge the videos).

Thanks,
Roi

Yes, this would be an issue. And the best solution I saw someone suggested, is to save all three continuous sections of video, the current, before and after, into the emergency folder. I am sure this is a simple logic and file operation, should be easily implementable in the firmware.

That is a good question, and it will be a simple solution as @mily suggestion. But it will be double size of locked files!
Or same as @roidayan suggestion, extend current locked file with an extra 30 seconds?

That is a good question, and it will be a simple solution as @mily suggestion. But it will be double size of locked files!
Or same as @roidayan suggestion, extend current locked file with an extra 30 seconds?
I think the emergency videos are overwriteable too, by only new emergency events? Then the storage isn't really an issue, we normally don't have 10GB of video clips showing real emergencies. Most of these are due to humps on the roads or slamming the doors.
Extending 30 seconds only works when the accident happens at the end of the current clip, but not at the start of a video clip. In that case, you lose the actions before an accident, which are often more important than the subsequences for determining the responsibility.

but not at the start of a video clip. In that case, you lose the actions before an accident,
In that case, we would like to lock the previous video clip also, so the previous video clip locked+ 30-seconds video clip after an accident!

In that case, we would like to lock the previous video clip also, so the previous video clip locked+ 30-seconds video clip after an accident!
Exactly, not much difference to 1 minute segment users.
Incremental for different options:
1 Min: 60s --> 150s
3 Min: 180s --> 390s
5 Min: 300s --> 630s
Maximum saving is 5 Minutes segments, saved 900-630 = 270s. Not sure how much effort for the dev team to add 30s recording to the current recording then change it back after.

That makes good sense then.

I've not heard anyone suggest extending the current clip by 30 seconds before, seems like a really good idea :)

As long as it doesn't reach the maximum clip length, but that seems unlikely on a B1W due to the low bitrate.

@mily @roidayan The new firmware is available for testing, could you like to try?

@estore009

Could I get a copy of this firmware as well to test?

New G-SENSOR lock file method:
A: (When vibration is detected) The current recording time is less than 1/3 of the loop recording time, and the current file and the previous file are locked;
B: (When vibration is detected) The current recording time is above the 2/3 of the loop recording time, and the current file and the next file are locked;
C: (when vibration is detected) Other cases, only the current file is locked;

Back