Emergency Vehicle Camera Options

Austin J.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am searching for an extremely reliable dual camera setup with park features. It will be in a truck that drives over a 1/2 mile of rough gravel road daily and will be used in rough terrain fairly regularly. It needs to run every time so that when I go to an emergency call I can trust it to be functioning (fire department, not police use). This is a rural area so there is no light beyond the headlights so night visibility is difficult. A large storage capacity (128GB or greater) is desired. If I can only get a single camera set up for my budget and reliability needs then so be it. I don't want to spend more than $500. The ability to access the footage from my toughbook without removing the sd card would be nice, but not necessary. I also need the second camera to be in the back of the camper shell so a long cable or ability to get a long cable is needed if i get a dual channel setup.

I have looked at all the different lists, but even the top cameras have mixed reviews on amazon and other sources. I don't want to pay thousands of dollars for a full police style dvr system. What are my super reliable options?

Back