EMI Interference

PeteMcD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought my DV688 in March, just after the Corona Virus Lock-down in the UK and installed it a week later. It works fine without the engine running but as I have only within the last couple of weeks with the easing of Lock-down been able to use it on the road. As soon as the engine is running it picks up interference from the engine in the form of picture breakup and flickering images which renders the unit unusable. After a short while I loose all recording although the bar mounted microphone/indicater unit shows that it is still recording I have checked all connections to no avail. The bike is a 1959 Norton with magneto ignition and I suspect the problem is EMI interference from that.
The unit is housed in the top box on the rear carrier , so it can't get much further away than that. Images below from both front and rear cameras:

Front camera.jpg

Rear camera.jpg

Any thoughts on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated.

You may have to switch to using action cams. I presume those will work as many pilots use them without problems, and all aircraft engines have two magnetos which with a single-engine plane will not be very far from the cam.

Beware Joe Lucas and shellacitis; the bane of classic British biking :LOL: I don't ride anymore but 2 3/4 rebuildable Commandos and half a G-15 await my attention in their safe and dry storage spot. Maybe someday I'll get around to doing one or more of them, maybe I'll just rehome them to someone special who can appreciate them.
Ride safe, and remember:
Nothing
Out
Rides
This
Operational
Nostalgia
:cool:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rob L DV688 0
Back