Enable parking mode - firmware?

wldz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello, I bought A500s with rear camera, the problem is that i need the Hardware kit to enable parking mode. Is there any workaround?

I heard, that on the older version of firmware works from built in battery, is that right? If I am right is there someone who has firmware with this option unlocked?

I bought it for parking mode, because I heard that it worked in battery.

Welcome to the forum wldz.

The build in battery are very small and can only sustain recording for minutes, generally they are mot meant to be used in that way, the power source is there to finalize last recording in case of a major event where regular power can be lost, in that case if the on board power was not there the last file would be corrupted.

On board batteries are normally only a few 100 mah in size, so run empty fast.

That said i have no experience with these cameras or the brand, maybe others can fill in better.

That's right. Before this dash cam I had Navitel r600, which has sensor G and this cam was able to record few seconds in battery (for me it was enough).
Right now there is no option without the hardware kit, I thought it will be option to set turn off automatically option to 5mins, then wait and hit camera. But nothing was recorded..

Back