End of life mini 0805?

Stigter

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
Do any one know how to check if the camera has reached his end of life?
My dashcam is about 3 years old, every day in use and now i have some problems.
Sometimes when starting the car i get a blue screen with text saying usb connection.
When i turn off the dashcam and restarting it , it start to record?
I tried other sdcards, but no luck.was thinking of heat, but now it's a bit cooler and also blue screens.

I was thinking replacing it with a Itracker stealthcam with gps? Good choice?

From start with the original cable. No changes

It's most probably the battery. If it's been reliable and you were happy with the performance before it started acting up, try replacing the battery and see.

I confirm.
I've just had to unbrick my 2 years old 0805 and in the process I disassembled it.
To my surprise the battery was so swollen that I replaced it immediately with a new one.

Thanks for your replies.
I will search for a new dashcam!

Thanks for your advice.
I bought a Viofo A119v2 with GPS..
I thought it is with capacitor in stead of battery

Stupid question, but can i use the same powercord from the mini 0805? Because for the mini 0805 is already hidden in the car (i know micro en mini usb is different, but i will use a converter for micro to mini)

Stupid question, but can i use the same powercord from the mini 0805? Because for the mini 0805 is already hidden in the car (i know micro en mini usb is different, but i will use a converter for micro to mini)
Both cameras use 5V power supply so supposedly yes.
However if I were you I would replace the -micro connector with -mini instead of using adapter/converter.

Back