Skittle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
Today I used the dashcam for the first time since autumn. I plugged it in and weirdly wasn't greeted with the usual startup noise and screen, but the lights were on. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and then it did the normal startup, but I was then greeted by a message telling me to format the card, and then it turning into a notification saying "All data will be lost". I hit ok since I didn't have anything important on it, then the popup was gone for a second, but then it asked me to do the same thing. It's on an endless loop, and I can't escape it. If I select cancel instead it just appears again. I can't enter the menu or anything. Any solutions?

Could it possibly not have had enough power? It was the first time starting the car after having to jump start the car, since it was dead. Maybe it didn't have enough power or something and it messed things up?

The first thing to do is try a different memory card. If that doesn't work then the camera may have an issue which will require further troubleshooting.

format the card in your computer and see if it gives any error when doing that

if the card looks ok in the computer then before you put the the card back in the camera and while the memory card is out power the camera on, let it startup so you get to the point where it is beeping telling you there's no card, once it does that turn the key off and let it power off, then put the card back in and start it up, if the card is larger than 32GB it will take you to the format option, do that and then let me know if any further problem

Back